cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Approval with Disputes on Paid/Closed accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Approval with Disputes on Paid/Closed accounts?

Hi Everyone, 

I have been carefully rebuilding my credit since a short sale four years ago.  We have 10% for our down payment on an FHA loan.  Our DTI ratio is very low.  My credit score is around 650 and my husbands in 720.  I have three accounts that are paid in full, but closed that have disputes on them.  Should I try to have the disputes removed now, before the account goes to underwriting, or would it pass manual underwriting as the accounts are paid in full and closed?   We also have $50 K in reserves from our 401K which I would rather not touch.  We have one thirty day late from 19 months ago that I have tried to GW with no success.  I have paid collections, but no open collecitons or judgements.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Approval with Disputes on Paid/Closed accounts?

*Bump*

Message 2 of 4
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

I believe I read that paid accounts with dispute comments are allowed.  The dispute comments concern unpaid accounts because when the accounts are being disputed it can alter the scores.  Of course, that would be just for FHA and not whatever requirement layer your lender has regarding the issue.

My lender had me remove all comments, but that was when the FHA policy was set to change in July, which didn't happen. 

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

During UW I was required to either remove the dispute from the tradeline or pay in full and close the account.  I disputed the balance reported in which they finally updated the correct balance but refused to remove(ispute)  in a timely manner.  I thought it would okay to close with the dispute as long as payments was current but I was wrong, I paid and closed the CC.  I would suggest that you start working on the disputes now for just in case it would make your UW smoother.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.