Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Chances For My Mom?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Chances For My Mom?

My dad passed away recently. My mom is considering buying another home since she is renting and does not like the home she is in. It's a condo on 3rd floor . My mom has a Chapter 7 bankruptcy that is 7 years old and discharged. This bankruptcy included a mortgage. Her mortgage scores are Experian 597, Trans Union 646 and Equifax 594. She is looking to buy a home around $135-140,000 and will have a down payment of about 70%. 

Since her down payment is so large do you think she has a chance. She is 75 and her only income is social security.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage Chances For My Mom?

I really don't know maybe some of the others do! I would rec she just talk to a loan officer and lay it on the table. They may know if programs and such, I hate that she is 75 and having to rent. Best of luck to her
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Chances For My Mom?

No worries Sbrooks1 my mom made a cash offer on a really cute 3 bedroom 2 bath garden home and her offer was accepted today.  She will go from paying $1,000 month to only $200 for HOA fees etc and at least have something to show for her money.  The fees cover all of the building including the roof and they do all the yard maintenance. She is thrilled to death.  We recently lost my dad to cancer and this I hope will cheer her up some. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.