cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Comany didn't do foreclosure and we filed bankrupt.

tag
dionnecomer12

Mortgage Comany didn't do foreclosure and we filed bankrupt.

I need help understanding where I stand with buying a home and receiving downpayment assistance.  Our mortgage company sent a letter to foreclose on our home in 2008, we were one of those that purchased a home that was not worth the appraisal value.  Our realtor had her family do an inflated appraisal (we found out later she was being investigated for this).  So we walked away from the house and moved to Georgia, filed bankruptcy in 2010, and it is now discharged. I called our county auditor back home to find the mortgage company never foreclosed on the house, it is showing us as owner. Mortgage company that was listed for the property contact number disconnected, and we do not own the title.  Does this lessen our chance of downpayment assistance with Georgia Dream, the ability secure fha loan, are we still considered owning the home since we filed bankrupt.  What can be done about this.  Help please

Thank you

Experian 645

Trs Un    637

Eqi          652

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cabner
New Contributor

Re: Mortgage Comany didn't do foreclosure and we filed bankrupt.

@dionnecomer12 wrote:

I need help understanding where I stand with buying a home and receiving downpayment assistance.  Our mortgage company sent a letter to foreclose on our home in 2008, we were one of those that purchased a home that was not worth the appraisal value.  Our realtor had her family do an inflated appraisal (we found out later she was being investigated for this).  So we walked away from the house and moved to Georgia, filed bankruptcy in 2010, and it is now discharged. I called our county auditor back home to find the mortgage company never foreclosed on the house, it is showing us as owner. Mortgage company that was listed for the property contact number disconnected, and we do not own the title.  Does this lessen our chance of downpayment assistance with Georgia Dream, the ability secure fha loan, are we still considered owning the home since we filed bankrupt.  What can be done about this.  Help please

Thank you

Experian 645

Trs Un    637

Eqi          652

Was the home included in the bankruptcy?   That is going to be what the answer is hinged on.   

Starting Scores 12/28/2014: TU: 599 EX: 599 EQ: 568

Current Scores: TU: 675 EX: 664 EQ: 620
Message 2 of 3
dionnecomer12

Re: Mortgage Comany didn't do foreclosure and we filed bankrupt.

Yes the home was included.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.