Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Guru Help Please....

tag
DeeWill
New Contributor

Mortgage Guru Help Please....

What are our options if any?

Currently in an ARM on our mortgage. We have been trying to refinance for a while now & mortgage company says they don't have any options. The problem of course is the fact that we owe more on the property then it's worth, no equity, no refinance. We tried for the loan modification which we did not qualify for because we don't have any income issues & are current on the mortgage.  We don't qualify for the government Help for Homeowners Assistance program because our loan is not Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do? I heard that FHA has something for upside down homeowners but I am not sure what it is or how it works.

Thanks for any information you can provide me...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage Guru Help Please....

I am afraid it sounds like you have looked at every available angle - FHA doesnt have anything that will help

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 8
DeeWill
New Contributor

Thanks for your response.

So the FHA Short Refi for homeowners wouldn't work in my situation?  What about the NACA program? Just trying to explore all options.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
demi
Established Contributor

I don't understand why a FHA streamline wouldn't be the answer?

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 8
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

If you can get your current lender to agree to take less than what is owed you could do a short refi - however I have never heard of this being done -

as far as the fha streamline only IF you have an fha loan can you do a streamline

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 5 of 8
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

All you have to do is get your lender to agree to do a short refinance without going late, and FHA programs will finance 97.75% of your home's appraised value, limited to the FHA loan limit in your county of course.  Not all lenders do the refinance of a mortgage being shorted, but more and more are.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 8
DeeWill
New Contributor

Thanks Shane!!!

Message 7 of 8
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

You are welcome.  The link below is to the FHA guidelines on short payoffs

http://www.fhaoutreach.gov/FHAHandbook/prod/infomap.asp?address=4155-1.3.B.1.f

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.