Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Gurus Need Your Help

tag
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Mortgage Gurus Need Your Help

I just got an alert that a new collection had been added to my credit bureau.  I have never been contacted by the CA and OC is Comcast.  They claim that the collection agency sent out letters in November 2007 and December 2007, but sent it to my old address.  COMCAST had my new address in their system and never contacted me about this.  I had a cable box that I was supposed to turn in, but took with us to our new house because we were getting COMCAST hooked up out here.  Now, after 2 years, they put it on my credit, I have to pay a $100, and they will not take it off of my reports. 

1. How is this going to affect my refinance in April if it is showing paid but not deleted?

2.  Do I have any rights because they never called or correspondended with me at the new address? I am a current customer and have been for 2 years, they knew exactly where to find me.

3.  Would explaining this mixup to my lender help me?

Thanks for your responses.

Hearts
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Gurus Need Your Help

Did they hook up the box at your current home?  They should have a record of that and have it assigned to your current account.

They told me 4 times that I don't have a box that is sitting in my house hooked up to a TV (even read them the serial number)....I realize that there is a lot of equipment to track but they need to do better.  I am waiting for them to say we owe for the box when they have been telling me I don't have it.
Message 2 of 5
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Cool.  I will ask them about that technician it should have been documented whether I still had my copies of the paperwork or not.

Thank you

Eve
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Yes definitely push hard on Comcast to get them to take this back... it's absolutely ridiculous that they are charging you for not returning a box when you are continuing service with them.  Many years ago I had Comcast and when I moved they said it was fine to take the old cable box with me to my new place.  I have Cox Communications now, and they even said the same thing.

Since the collection is recent, it will impact your chances of qualifying (paid or unpaid), and I'm sure is certainly affecting your credit scores. 
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Crap!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.