Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Lenders without Overlays

tag
Crookid
Established Member

Mortgage Lenders without Overlays

Does anyone have a list or know of lenders that do not add requirements (overlays) to VA or FHA loans?

So far I only know of one through Loan Cabin.   As my credit is subpar, but the gov't doesn't put credit score requirements on home loans, (lenders typically do) this would be beneficial. 

3.14.2021 Starting Scores: Equifax 470 | Experian 483 | Transunion 490
3.28.2022 Equifax 610 AAoA 1 yr 2m 19 INQ 3 Baddies | Experian 630 AAoA 7 months 16 INQ 3 Baddies | Transunion 622 AAoA 7 months 13 INQ 2 Baddies
Total Revolving Credit: $13,000 Utilization: 0% | NFCU Cash Rewards: $5,500 | NFCU nRewards: $500 | Fortiva: $500 | Capital One Platinum: $200 |
PCB Platinum: $200 | Surge Mastercard: $500 | Total Visa: $300 | Credit One: $600 | Milestone Gold: $300 | Revvi Visa: $300 | First Premier $500 | MissionLane $1000 | First Savings $350 | Blaze $600 | Legacy Visa $350 | Merrick Bank $600 | Open Sky $200 | Taz Visa $350 | First Progress $200
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage Lenders without Overlays

You need a sharp Mortgage Broker who deals with dozens of lenders. He will know where to place your loan. A lot easier than beating your head against the wall.
Message 2 of 6
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

FHA and VA loans get sold to GNMA for the most part and their guidelines are pretty loose to begin with and I think there are lots of lenders that don't add any overlays to the mix, so keep searching. 

In the meantime, it would certainly help if you figure out why your credit score is so low and take a few steps to correct it and you'll surely receive better terms for all types of loans, but that's my extra $.02.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 3 of 6
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

Several of us lenders don't have overlays. It just depends on what your particular issues are. If it's your scores, as long as you stay under 550 or 580 (as most lender require), you'll be hit a 10% down for an FHA. I would strongly recomend getting a hold of an experienced Loan Officer to assist you in getting those scores up.

Best of luck to you

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Crookid, 

How did this work out for you?  Where you able to secure a mortgage with Loan Cabin?  I am currently working with them now (just started) and would like to get your honest feedback.  

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

Yes, I have closed several log cabins.

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.