Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Loan

Hello Peeps,  

I've got a question that hopefully somebody can answer.  NFCU advises that applying for a new mortgage loan or to refinace a mortgage loan causes a big hit to all 3 credit bureaus.  Does anybody know how much of a hit it causes?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Loan

Its just standard inquiry to all 3.its impact will depend on if its the first pull or not. Regardless its small change, take advantage of the 2 weeks allowed to shop around without impacting your score further.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for a mortgage and they pulled my score twice with no impact at all to my scores. The pulls were within about 10 days of each other.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks gang. I may go for it.  I did a score simulator on myfico for the refinance and it showed a 10 point hit across all 3 for it. However for a purchase of a new home no impact at all.  

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I remember correctly it was like 1 point (myFico).  They ran again last week due to expiration and when i checked this morning, no point loss whatsoever (thats according to CK which I check on Mondays just to be aware of anything weird going on)

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe when they do the re-pull, it's only a soft inquiry versus the hard inquiry that you get when you apply. 

I suffered a 1pt loss. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe when they do the re-pull, it's only a soft inquiry versus the hard inquiry that you get when you apply. 

I suffered a 1pt loss. 

My 2nd was a HP as well because my orig was expiring.  The one they do close to actual closing will be SP.

Message 7 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

3 - 5 points at most is my experience

Retired Lender
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.