cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Q/Fico Scores

tag
paul88

Mortgage Q/Fico Scores

Im new to this forum. My husband and I are getting ready to buy a house and when the mortgage broker pulled my husbands credit he did not have a credit score. I had previously checked his credit at Truecredit...that website gave me credit scores for him. I did some research on the website and I realized that the reason he didn't not have a FICO credit score was because he had no credit activity in the past 6 mos. (He had closed all his credit cards but he had left one store card open but it had not been used...he doesn't use any credit but he used to apply for the student cards on campus to get the free tshirt.) He opened up a new credit card and now it is reporting to all 3 agencies...he now has FICO scores for all three agencies. Do yall think this means now if the mortgage broker pulls his credit again he should have scores? Are the scores we see on myfico similar to what the mortgage broker sees?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Q/Fico Scores

When I applied for a mortgage the scores I received from myfico were the exact scores that the LO received.

Message 2 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hello p88, welcome to the forums. Please read Credit Scoring 101, if you haven't already done so.

The scores that we have here at myfico are called classic FICO scores, which are the same as what mortgage lenders and bankers use. HTH GL

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lawandproud.....same here...give or take a few points...but the myfico scores were on the money when the lender pulled my report.
Message 4 of 13
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Just did my mortgage loan app today.  Identical to MyFICO.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here Did my loan app today also same as MyFico..
Message 6 of 13
m_jonis
Contributor

I wouldn't go that far. Myfico scores: TU: 743 EXP: 735 EQ: 724 The ones that the bank pulled: Experian: FICO - 728 Equifax - Beacon 5 - 724 TransUnion - Classic 04 - 717 Talk about a bit of a difference
Finally made it to 813
Message 7 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

What's the timeframe difference between pulling the scores from myfico and your bank?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I pulled transunion last night and it was 645. My lender pulled it today and it was 650.
Message 9 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There are two different TU versions used, 04 and 98. Most lenders use 98 as does myFICO, but some use 04 and that could account for the differences.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.