Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Score higher than Fico8

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage Score higher than Fico8

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for correcting me. I thought it was based off installment payment history because my Fico 8 is way higher than my Mortgage Trifecta and that is probably because I had lates noted on my car payment. However, no lates on my credit cards. I apologize for assuming and giving out wrong information. Thank you for the rescue, as always. Great community.

I think where the confusion came in is with FICO 8 there was a mortgage industry option released; however, to my knowledge, virtually nobody uses it at all.   On that mortgage-enhanced model, non-zero chance that mortgages and auto loans might well be heavier weighted than revolving debt much as we've theorized the auto industry option which is used all over the place appears to do... along with the irritating first time buyer penalty on that set of scores.

Anyway the near entirety of the mortgage world still uses the standard classic scores, without getting geeky with the names, simply EQ 04, TU 04, EX 98.

        
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Score higher than Fico8

I wish! Mine are 30-50 points under my Fico8s and my installment history is perfect. 😢
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.