cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage broker that specializes in FHA loans?

tag
boireann
Regular Contributor

Mortgage broker that specializes in FHA loans?

Is there such a thing?  I called a couple of mortgage brokers today and they pretty much didn't want to have anything to do with FHA loans.

I got the impression from them that brokers only deal with conventional loans these days.  At least in the LA area.  Or did I just find a couple that don't want to deal with extra paperwork?  

01/07 scores: Too scared to find out after looking at my free CRA reports
03/08 scores: TU: 660 EQ: 646 EX: 624
09/09 scores: TU: 735 EQ: 778 EX: ???
02/10 scores: TU: 779 EQ: 801 EX: 798 (home loan officer pull)
03/14 scores: TU 799 EQ: 809 EX: 817 (car loan credit union pull)
All that hard work paid off!!!! I'm now a happy home owner with an awesome interest rate!

CC Limits Garden Amex Clear $23000, USAA World Amex $15000, USAA Wold MasterCard $15000, BECU Visa $10,000, PenFed Visa $15000. Took a long time to get nice limits and low interest from that first app to BECU for $500 when I first started cleaning up my reports.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage broker that specializes in FHA loans?

This web address is for the FHA website and gives tips when shopping for a FHA mortgage http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page?_pageid=73,1827603&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL and has a link to find FHA lenders in your area.

Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

a lot of brokers do not do fha loans because they cannot affor the fees. hud charges. well, that, and they are chump loan officers.

keep looking.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

You are in an area that priced itself out of FHA loans for a very long time. Only in the last year or two has FHA been doable. We had the same thing here in N CA and once we were able to get in under the limits those that didnt have FHA lost out. Those that saw the writing on the wall or were doing multi states rolled with it. There are a lot of people doing FHA keep looking you'll find someone that works
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 5
boireann
Regular Contributor

Just found out my local credit union has applied to be an FHA lender.  They will start offering it by the end of September.  Same thing for my employer's credit union (that I'm not currently a member of)

My summer just got better!

(now if I can just get past all those people snapping up "my" house for cash...)

01/07 scores: Too scared to find out after looking at my free CRA reports
03/08 scores: TU: 660 EQ: 646 EX: 624
09/09 scores: TU: 735 EQ: 778 EX: ???
02/10 scores: TU: 779 EQ: 801 EX: 798 (home loan officer pull)
03/14 scores: TU 799 EQ: 809 EX: 817 (car loan credit union pull)
All that hard work paid off!!!! I'm now a happy home owner with an awesome interest rate!

CC Limits Garden Amex Clear $23000, USAA World Amex $15000, USAA Wold MasterCard $15000, BECU Visa $10,000, PenFed Visa $15000. Took a long time to get nice limits and low interest from that first app to BECU for $500 when I first started cleaning up my reports.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.