Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage loan locking in rates need higher score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage loan locking in rates need higher score

Hello, myfico community! This is my first post, although I have been following myfico forums for years. So my situation is as follows... I was approved for a home loan in October of 2021( New Build). Not the best scores but I was approved for 550k. My loan officer suggested I open a new bank account because I had too much going on with my current one. I did. In doing this I somehow forgot to switch my auto pay on my car payment and received a 30-day late hit which dropped my score tremendously. I have 2 car loans FYI. The one with the late will be paid off next month. I am trying to figure out a way to bring my mortgage score up quickly. I currently have 2 store cards and 1 cc the total utilization is 10%. 2 car loans one being paid for next month.  1 installment loan which is paid off and should report as paid in the next 2 weeks. (will this hurt the score? .1 student loan which is deferred d/t pandemic (will making payment hurt?). 2 baddies under $150 tried to get them removed and they won't do the pay for deletion. Does paying off baddies increase mortgage score if they were to say yes?  Is there a magic utilization I should get to bring up scores? I'm am all over the place and stressed out! Any advice would be greatly appreciated more than you know. I believe the last time I tried AZEO my scores dropped instead of increased.  I am locking in my rates hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks.

2 REPLIES 2
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgage loan locking in rates need higher score

For your recent loan late from the account switch, if you've never had any other problems with that account, you could attempt a goodwill deletion with a well-articulated letter about what happened, how it was an isolated incident due to circumstances that are not likely to recur. I would take that route to see if you can get it removed. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage loan locking in rates need higher score

I've tried this initially and it didn't work unfortunately. Thank you though!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.