Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage loan route to go

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Mortgage loan route to go

I'm 5 months away from my lease being up on my rental and want to purchase a house. I pulled my 3b+ report last night to find out my mortgage scores. 683 706 and 720 were the scores that I got. So I'm hoping for a good interest rate. I just paid off my car to help lower my dti ratio since I don't make a lot of money. So please help me decide which mortgage route to go

39k income
5 occupants (me wife and 3 kids)
More than likely would have to go 100% financing
1 credit card bill for $110 Only expense. I have a consolidation loan reporting with nfcu but I paid a good portion of the balance down so it's not due again till 2019.

How much house could I qualify for if I went 100% financing?

Other than usda direct what other options do I have for 100% financing?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: Mortgage loan route to go

VA loan if you're a veteran.

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@svtthis wrote:
I'm 5 months away from my lease being up on my rental and want to purchase a house. I pulled my 3b+ report last night to find out my mortgage scores. 683 706 and 720 were the scores that I got. So I'm hoping for a good interest rate. I just paid off my car to help lower my dti ratio since I don't make a lot of money. So please help me decide which mortgage route to go

39k income
5 occupants (me wife and 3 kids)
More than likely would have to go 100% financing
1 credit card bill for $110 Only expense. I have a consolidation loan reporting with nfcu but I paid a good portion of the balance down so it's not due again till 2019.

How much house could I qualify for if I went 100% financing?

Other than usda direct what other options do I have for 100% financing?

Go to NFCU products page and click on mortgages. They have all kinds of calculators that you can play around with to determine how much house you can afford.

https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/loans/mortgage/mortgage-rates.php

Also interest rates are based on scores so you won't get the lowest rate they're offering. The rate right now for 100% financing, 30-yr. fixed is 4.625% -- again based on creditworthiness.

GL to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 5
kc0039
Established Contributor

30 year fixed for VA is between 3.875% - 4% right now with 0 points and no credits.

Licensed in IL
Message 4 of 5
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Not a veteran unfortunately
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.