Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage refinance with multiple CC inquiries on CR

tag
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Mortgage refinance with multiple CC inquiries on CR

Hey all!

I love this site but I only ever post or read the credit card threads.

My fiancée and I are going to refinance our mortgage on the house and both have multiple CC inquiries on our credit reports.

Will this adversely affect the results of the refinance?
Should we wait until they all drop off?

Excuse my ignorance on the topic.
I appreciate the responses in advance!

Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Mortgage refinance with multiple CC inquiries on CR

No. Multiple inq's don't hurt your application. 

For mortgages, the lender uses the mortgage scores - read the sticky above about mortgage scores.

The lender will use the lowest mid score of the applicants on the loan. So if you have a mortgage mid score of 760 (for example) and your wife's mortgage mid score is 725, then her score will be the qualifying score. 

The most important factors for a refinance are:

• DTI
  • Verifiable income
  • Value of the property and LTV

There are other factors, but you have been through the process. A refi is easier Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.