Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage score

I was pre approved for a mortgage. Signed a contract and then was denied due to my score dropping I needed to get my mortgage score up 20 points asap any suggestions

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage score

Welcome to the forums!

~Why did your Mortgage score drop?
~Did you have an old CO/bad account suddenly pop up on your reports?
~What accounts do you have reporting along with their balances/credit limits.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure I don't know what to do know I already have a contract now I don't think I will be able to move to that house that is already being built. I am heartbroken and I don't know what to do.....

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It dropped to 560 I don't know what to do I know that they fico used to mortgage is different my other fico scores are over 600 I was goin to use an FHA I have good income just this daggone score. I am not sure when they will ask for the commitment letter. No one is really helping me. The realtor told me to go through the builders home buying club. I am just totally stressed. Not even sure I could get my earnest money back I just want the house in that community more than anything I relocated from up north to down south and I was so close. Pre approved now my scores are under the guidelines with that lender uggggg 

Message 4 of 6
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

With enough time and/or money scores can improve... it's not the end of the world. 

Get your credit reports https://www.annualcreditreport.com/  

Post in this thread all things listed in the negatives section: creditor (actual creditor/ collection agency name could get you specific answers on how to get it removed), open/closed/charge off, amount owed, date of first default. 

Then also let us know about your outstanding loans and credit cards... if you aren't comfortable giving the lenders name you can share that info using "loan 1" or "credit card 1" instead of creditor for your loans and credit cards include reported balance and credit limit for each.

With the above requested information, the members of this group can help guide you towards your best possible scores.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 5 of 6
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous Yes, you definitely need to look at your credit reports (all 3 - TransUnion, Equifax & Experian) to see what is on them and then we can help you.  It may be something you can dispute and have removed to jump your scores back up in 30 days.

When did you sign your purchase contract?  What is the estimated date of the house being finished built?

Since we all use alias' here, we won't know who you are so share with us if you have any late pays, collections, how many inquiries, etc. (but not your actual credit report).  So we can help you get the knowledge you need to get approved for that house before it is finished being built.

We are here for you, ready to help.  

Starting Fico 8 Score Dec 2019: 469 TU 501 EQ 453 EX
Current Score: 819 TU 795 EQ 796 EX
Goal Score: 820 Across the board
First Premier CL $600 BAL $0, Lane Bryant CL $750 BAL $0, Credit One AMEX CL $600 BAL $0, NFCU Visa CL $11,100 BAL $0, Capital One QuickSilver CL $2000 BAL $0,Capital One Savor CL $3000 BAL $0,Discover CL $10,000 BAL $0,Ashleys Homestore CL $3500 BAL $0,
Bobs Furniture AKA Wells Fargo CL $3100 BAL $0,LATE PAYS/COLLECTIONS/BANKRUPTCIES/CHARGEOFFS/JUDGEMENTS 0
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.