Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage scores part 2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage scores part 2

Should be asleep as I have to go to work in a couple hours, So my mortgage scores are currently 516, 537 and 474. I know they use the middle score so if my scores start going up isn't it possible that 474 will become the determining score and knock me out for the running for qualifying for a mortgage? Any suggestions to get these scores up? I just recently got 2 secured cc and took my sl out of forbearance. Paying a small defaulted loan back before it went to collections, paying other cc on time and more than minimum. Still have a judgement against me for $1469 and 2 collections totaling $2535 and a good bit of late pays and charge offs. Trying my best to offset the bad with the good and turn around stupid mistakes that I have made credit wise😩😩😩😩😩😩‼️‼️‼️
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
_NERD
Established Contributor

Re: Mortgage scores part 2

Don't pout. You'll receive valuable information here.

Do your revolving TLs have balances? What are your balances on the CCs compared to the limits? Have you been to the Bouncing Back from Credit Problems forum yet?

Goodwill letter campaigns worked well for me. Pay for delete agreements with collection agencies worked extremely well for my wife. Her scores have bounced back more than 100 points since November 2015 from letter campaigns, debt validations & PFD arrangement. Since November. Now she's in a position to potentially carry the mtg of our first home purchase all on her own. And I had higher fico scores than she did when we began rebuilding.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 2 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I did not have judgements. But, when paid, you MIGHT Abe able to clear them from reports via court. I did pfd for collections falling off in 2019. I waited for prime cards until reports clean. Make rebuild your credit your new home, not here. Make Google your friend for finding extra info, lawsuits, deleting judgements, bbb complaints, CFPB, all are your friend. Be careful of poking bears while in SOL, the older the debt, the easier it is to get off your report (working with CAs and OCs).
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

The judgment is holding you back. Get that one paid and a Satisfaction of judgment recorded first (if possible).  Then start your campaign to get it off your reports entirely. Your mortgage scores ought to really jump up with that one paid (Satisfied) and removed. Even if you can't get it off of your reports you have to have it paid in full before you close because judgments attach to the property you buy.  So make that one a priority. 

Edit:  No lender will give you a loan with an outstanding unpaid judgment because the judgment comes in front of the first lien position of the lender. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have someone helping me to try and clean it all up and I will make it a priority. I work 12 hour rotating shifts so and work a good bit of overtime so I have no time to give this situation the devotion it requires.
Message 5 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks, I have someone helping me to try and clean it all up and I will make it a priority. I work 12 hour rotating shifts so and work a good bit of overtime so I have no time to give this situation the devotion it requires.

I hope it isn't Lexington Law or anything like them - they hurt you more than help you.  You can get more done (even in the middle of the night) by visiting the rebuilding forum here than Lexington Law will ever do for you (or any firm similar to LL)  You spend a great deal of money every month with these type firms and you can use those same funds to pay down debt or pay off the judgment.

FYI:  Also it doesn't help to have the judgment removed from your credit report without paying it in full and getting the Satisfaction because the judgment remains in the public records database that is entirely separate from your CR. All lenders have the title co or closing attorney check your public records prior to issuing a mortgage. If the judgment is in the public records (unpaid) - then you don't get a mortgage.

Message 6 of 7
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Should be asleep as I have to go to work in a couple hours, So my mortgage scores are currently 516, 537 and 474. I know they use the middle score so if my scores start going up isn't it possible that 474 will become the determining score and knock me out for the running for qualifying for a mortgage? 

If your scores start going UP, how would 474 become your middle score?

(Just to be clear here: middle score means whichever score is NOT the highest or the lowest of the three....)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.