Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage

I am looking to buy a house this year. My scores are eq:667 tu:652 exp:648 with eq I have 6 hard pull (tu) 2 hard pull and (ex) 3 hp also a sprint account that is not mine in collection. I been trying to get it off for the last 6 months no luck even paid Lexington law it still there. What should I do. I want to buy a house this year. And what to do about this collection. Should I move forward with the buy?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage

Is that your only collection? Depending on how much it is, I might just pay it off. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is its 1500 only baddy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you disputed the debt or written the collector for verification of the debt?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have and I have Lexington law working on it. Still not off don't no what to. The collection agency is Diversified. Really hard to deal with. I offered to pay it if they would remove it. The said they can not. But would report paid satisfactory.
Message 5 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

What does Sprint say about the account? Have you requested they prove the account is yours? Have you attempted the identity theft process? It's listed in the General Credit forum

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 10
dollbebe1977
Established Member

I am having the exact same problem, same company for a sprint account I never had. Did you ever have any luck?
Message 7 of 10
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

I often refer folks to the Federal Trade Commission website:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/

There you can research the law (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and follow the procedure (ALWAYS send requests in writing via Certified Mail) so you can get the same results all the "for hire" companies would obtain.   

Good Luck and go buy a house!

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can help you with a mortgage and get the collection removed.  Hit me up TerrenceGreen@Icloud.com. 

Message 9 of 10
JVille
Valued Contributor

Is this a case of Identity Theft? How did Sprint get your name. Curious how this is not you and you are not able to have them prove it?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.