Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MovingForward, What is your status

tag
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

MovingForward, What is your status

So I have been reading your story and want to know what is happening. I haven't seen any updates. Were you able to close? Smiley Happy

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: MovingForward, What is your status

As she once said to me.....

It will be a big announcement when that day comes.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

LOL! That's exactly correct JM-AM. We are looking for very good news this week. We went over to the new house last night and work has been completed! The builder said all of it would be completed Jan 31st. Obviously, that didn't happen but as of end of last week they started to make progress which is good. Because beginning of last week, the builder was trying to tack on add'l days from the day of loan approval to finish the house, when it was supposed to be completed way before loan approval. So I pushed back last week and said that I want/need to close once I have loan approval. So now the builder is saying that the house will be ready by this afternoon. When we went to see it last night, all the "imperfection" tape was off the walls and it looked really good! They just need to get the industrial cleaning crew in there which should be done today. We are going over there tonight to check on it for sure!

The only house news I am working with right now is bad news. First Radon test...high. Builder requested second radon test...came back high...er on Sunday morning so my realtor will be working with the builder to get the basement ventilated through the sump pit. Last test read 12.7 pCi/L which is REALLY high. Something will definitely have to be done about it.

So as of right at this moment. There are two underwriters (CHFA and UAMC) conducting their final review. I had to email in a couple more paystubs last Wed because CHFA wants 32 consecutive days and I had to fax in deposit info for my 401K on Thursday. Loan Processor said that they now have EVERYTHING they need! CHFA should approve first this week and then it goes back to UAMC's UW for one last look! I am hoping to hear from CHFA today and UAMC tomorrow. We will be all packed and ready to go by Wed morning! Smiley Very Happy

Worst case...we are expecting to be all moved in by Sunday. Everything should definitely go through by Friday but we truly hope it is sooner. As soon as I know, I will sound the alarm. :-)

Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Thanks Catacam for asking and caring about a family of strangers. Folks like you in this forum have so much compassion for others. :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.