cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My DW threw away our 2 years worth of W2s!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW threw away our 2 years worth of W2s!

After filing this years and lasts, DW threw away our copies. Smiley Mad  Im not sure why but she did that.

How do we get around this when the Mortgage lenders ask for a copy?

Thanks
Greg
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My DW threw away our 2 years worth of W2s!

Request a copy of your tax transcript from the IRS.  The transcript shows all the income reported to the IRS.  You can also get copies of your W2s from your employer.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do your tax filers make a copy of your w-2's and attach them to your tax return...if so...make a copy of that copy...or you can go to the place where you filed...last year HR Block gave me a copy for free...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do tax filing online.

Thanks.

slyhouse08 wrote:
Do your tax filers make a copy of your w-2's and attach them to your tax return...if so...make a copy of that copy...or you can go to the place where you filed...last year HR Block gave me a copy for free...

Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

It's very likely your employer's HR department has copies of the W-2's that you can request from them.  I've always been able to successfully get W-2's from HR.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.