Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My USDA Guaranteed Timeline

tag
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

Re: My USDA Guaranteed Timeline

It took almost a full week for our appraisal report to come back. My small update for today: I spend the day filling out information to the title company and talking to the homeowners insurance guy and everyone says we are good to go. No word from the LO on if we went through the final underwriting with the bank yet at last word (Thursday) we were waiting for the VOE which according to the HR lady at DH's work was faxed back by 8am Friday morning. So at this point I am waiting to hear something , the insurance guy did say that the LO told him to move the activation date of our policy up to Sep 8th instead of the 12th so maybe that's a good sign.

In the meantime give the appraisal a full week before you get into panic. And remember we are all right here on this journey with you Smiley Happy

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 31 of 196
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Well that does make me feel a little better.  The appraisal was last Tuesday and the LO said we should have it Thursday.  The appraiser himself had said Friday.  But tomorrow is a full week since it was done, so hopefully the wait won't be too long. 

I did email the LO on Friday asking if there was *anything* else I could be doing - such as homeowner's insurance, etc. 

I don't even really know if we're in underwriting yet, or whether they wait for the appraisal for that - it's a bit muddled.

VERY exciting news for you, though!  September 8th puts it OFFICALLY at less than a month.  Squeeeeee!

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 32 of 196
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

Well my LO told me I would have my appraisal in two days but it took a week so hopefully you should hear something any day now.

So I found out the HR lady missed a section on the VOE so it was sent back to her Friday and she was called today and asked if she could send it back ASAP and then we will go to final approval for underwriting for the bank and off to USDA and to wait for 3 + weeks. Also just so you know I never knew we went to underwriting the first time until she called saying we were approved. I have found that you hear nothing from anyone for days then in one day you get all this information and a influx of forms to sign and send back then nothing for days and then another influx seems to be the way these things go. So my guess is that it will be like this until the very end. Lucky for me the kids are going back to school on the 28th and I go back to college on the 24th so I am about to get so busy hopefully I won't think much on it.

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 33 of 196
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

I have to second the lack of communication from the LO. We've had the worst time with that. No updates, no information at all. When we call her to ask a question we get a ton of attitude like we're bothering her. When I questioned her on something I didn't understand I got accused of questioning her ability to do her job. I realize we just ended up with a bad LO but it really has made the whole experience a nightmare, been a cpl of times we were ready to just give up over her. On the home stretch now! USDA review is due in 7-8 days and closing is set for the 23rd!

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 34 of 196
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

You must be so excited to be almost done Genkeim!! I am so happy for you!!!! I am in a bit of a unique position with both my realtor and LO. My realtor is the mother of my middle daughters boyfriend who she has been dating for 5 years and living with for 3, the LO use to work with my daughter at my Realtor's office so they all know each other very well. So none of them have been rude to me at all, the problem is I call, email, or text and get no reply however when I get to the point where I need to hear something back right away and I am getting no reply I call my realtor and she calls the LO and gets a response right away for me. So I am lucky that there are so many of them close and working together even my insurance agent is good friends with my LO so he was able to accommodate very well for us. It like a tight little net hopefully that works well for us in the end Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 196
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Genkeim - you must be so relieved to nearly be at the end.  I can't even imagine being at that point right now (though our closing date is supposed to be Sept 15th).  Luckily our LO hasn't been rude or nasty - just that it takes a lot to get them to actually reply to you.  Just found out yesterday when calling around for an appraisal update that my LO is on vacation.  I had no clue.  It feels a little ridiculous to not even know if you're in underwriting or not...

Lemon - I really wish I had a team of people that I knew working for me like that, you're very lucky.  What are you going back to school for?  My kids (very young, 1st Grade and Kindergarten) go back Sept 4th.  I was hoping to be moved by then for the bussing, but there's no real chance of that.

Question - have you started packing?  I admit, I have.  We have a LOT of books, quite a library, and I've been packing them up.  As well as a lot of the girls' toys, and stuff in my office I won't need for a while (I work from home).

Message 36 of 196
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

No news about the appraisal yet today - got an email from my LO this morning saying "It shows we received it in our system - meaning our UW has to review first before releasing.  Should have it back from them today"

I don't know whether that sounds good, bad or has no significance at all.

Message 37 of 196
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

In other news, the State assessor is coming out today to inspect the flood damage so the landlord can get her money for the electrics, hot water heater and furnace.  My stomach is in knots - I don't know if a cleared out/packed up playroom (that she has to go through to get to the basement) is going to tip her off to the fact that we're leaving.  Plus I just hate having to talk to her now, I hate any kind of confrontation or bad feeling.  Smiley Sad

Message 38 of 196
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

I am in my second year of college now I got my EMT certification (state and national) and now I am going back for my paramedic (state and national certification) and my associates degree in applied science. My oldest two kids are on their own now I have my youngest two still at home my Daughter who will be 15 in September and will graduate from high school in Dec (yes 3 years early my middle daughter also graduated 2 years early) and my son who will be 13 in September and is in 8th grade. I must admit I tell myself I am "organizing" the closets but they are packed lol. I know I shouldn't be packing yet but I can't help it.

Just make sure all the boxes are out of site when the landlord comes over and if she ask just say you are storing some things away. You can always say you packed the stuff up to get it out of the why after it flooded because you weren't sure what equipment they might need to get through there to repair any damage and just haven't unpacked it yet.

As for the home update there is none as of yet last I heard we are still waiting for the missed information on the VOE to go through final underwriting. My LO waits to give updates she won't tell us she send it to final underwriting she will tell us after it's approved she does crap like that all the time it drives me nuts lol.

Let me know how it goes today fingers crossed that you don't have to deal with anymore stress from that woman. Good Luck

Message 39 of 196
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

I am soooo unbelievable mad!!! My husband comes home from work yesterday and says his HR lady came out to the floor to tell him the lady that called her from the bank was very rude to her and she didn't miss anything on the form they wanted his regular pay separated from his overtime for the last 3 YEARS!!! He has worked there 16 years and this woman has never came out onto the floor for anything she was very upset! Who does that! If you can't move forward in the process because you need something from someone you don't call them being rude to them! I emailed my LO and told her what happened and told her if someone called her being rude to her we were going to have a problem, And of course nothing but crickets in reply she better get back to me today with a explanation or I will be calling her non-stop until she does. I will be calling the HR lady today and recommending the person at the bank does the same I know we are almost at the end of this but I am not above walking away and finding someone else. To clarify I don't think it was the LO who talked to her but the processor at the bank whom I haven't talked to yet I guess she was suppose to call us weeks ago and introduce herself to us and never did. Ok I'm done venting lol

Message 40 of 196
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.