cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My lender pulling credit twice in first week., is that one inquiry?

tag
airhead

My lender pulling credit twice in first week., is that one inquiry?

So I need a 710 middle FICO to qualify for a great no PMI product on a jumbo without PMI.  RIght now I have two scores at 711 TU and 703 Experian.  If the lender pulls today and I am still short, when I pay off $10k in CC balances by next week and they pull credit again to see increase will that be treated as one inquiry?  Just being careful not to hurt score here. Thanks in advance everyone for any suggestions you have.

3 REPLIES 3
chancep
Valued Member

Re: My lender pulling credit twice in first week., is that one inquiry?

The additional inquiry will show on your report, but for scoring purposes it will not be counted as long as it is coded correctly. Fico models allow for "rate shopping" when looking for mortgage/auto loans. I believe the time frame for these inquiries being lumped together is around 4 weeks.

Message 2 of 4
airhead

Good.  I am only concerned about the scores.  So pulling again with same lender will not really change my score from the previous pull.

Message 3 of 4
Spider07
Regular Contributor

If you are still short, you may not have to pay off 10K.  Have your lender run an analyzer and he can tell how to get your score to the point it needs to be.  You may only need to pay off 3 or 4K to raise it 10-15 points.  The one my lender used was dead on accurate.  We did what he said and we came in within 2 points of what it said we would. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.