cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mortgage journey continued.......................

tag
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

My mortgage journey continued.......................

Second round of letters were sent out today per the UW's request. They wanted to have a letter about why I was issued my social security card at 9 years old (LOL!!Smiley Happy) and a proof of the earnest money check clearing the bank, and proof of the gift money deposited in the account, and a few other small requests.......and they also wanted the name/agent that we are using for our Homeowners Insurance......it seems like if they were going to issue a denial they wouldn't have gotten this far into it? Right? Right! We are 16 days away from closing.....I can see the finish line! Lord Willing! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Re: My mortgage journey continued.......................

What lender are you working with?  What loan product are you getting, USDA, FHA, or Conventional?   Just wondering who and why anyone would need to know why you got your SS card at age 9.

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 2 of 5
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

LOL! I know, right? My parents happened to be over at my house visiting tonight and they had no clue!!  That was 22 years ago so they had no idea! We all got a good chuckle out of it. Our lender is Wells Fargo and we are doing an FHA loan. Totally random......but I have heard of them asking for worse things. It was actually pretty amusing! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are definately getting close they need the insurance persons name so they can contact them to do the "binder" for your home owners insurance, they did mines a week before underwritting was done with my file. Trust me I went FHA and they asked for alot stranger things from me, like I had to prove that I have never been married due to both of my children whom I have always claimed on my federal taxes have different last names than mines. I had to provide birth "live birth certificates" for my children...........basically proving they were my children that I actually gave birth to them and I was not claiming someone else's children year after year on my taxes espcially on the past 3 years taxes, and they had to be certified copies (lmao) I offered to let the loan officer have them in exchange for the home but no dice(lol)(lol)

My favorite was having to go back to my car loan place in which I had paid my car loan off a year prior to deciding to purchase a home, and have them give me a receipt stating I had paid the car off, even though my credit report clearly stated I had a $0 balance with the company, and the car had been paid off for well over a year, I had to get a receipt, and the finance company thought I was nuts to come back a year later to ask for a final receipt. But it's all worth it to walk into your own home everydaySmiley Happy

Keep your spirits up, you will be in your new home soonSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

Barantoin-I just LOL'd! That's insane!!!! Now my explaining the social issued at 9 years old doesn't seem so bad! Holy cow!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Well all good things are worth the hard work, so I am just going through the motions and hoping and praying that we close in 2 weeks! Thanks for all of the support. This forum is awesome!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.