Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NACA questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NACA questions (Update)

Hi All!

Last October 18th, we made an offer on the house (56th houses we been to since July LOL!) and the seller accepted ours!!!

Our MC has been AWESOME with everything including responding via e-mails! Now I am working with Closing Coordinator + HAND Department and so far it's pretty good! We're waiting for Lender's Approval after sending all of their conditions and final approval from HAND for required repairs and wish lists. They set our closing on December 4th (tentatively) which is a week from now (Yikes)!!! The seller is waiting for that loan approval contingency to be removed!

I will call HAND department tomorrow to make sure everything is needed and set. I sure hope December 4th is actual closing day because I took Annual leave from the post office and they frown on last minute change since it's the most busiest month!!! We also gave 30 days notice to our apartment landlord to move out December 10th. I need the date to be confirmed so I can rent local moving truck, hire moving guys to move heavy stuff and so on!

Hope it goes well for us till Closing Day! *biting my nails* Wish us lotsa of luck! Smiley Happy

Cheers!

CAMailman

Message 31 of 74
KBincali
New Contributor

Hi CA Mailman,

Congrats! I've hit a snag.

May I ask which closing coordinator you are dealing with? My closing was supposed to be today and no word. Seems like the coordinator is AWOL. The "office manager" Erick Exum, who is not actually in the office tells me he is there, working on his pipeline, but the lady who IS there answering the phones says he's gone til 12/1, and the file has been turned over to someone else I can't reach.

Everything is complete, the bank sent closing disclosures, but the file hasn't been cleared. I'm in limbo. My previous MC and even the title company rep have been trying to help, but getting no where.

You mentioned you were able to contact someone higher up when you had problems. Could you please give me that contact info?

Thanks!

Message 32 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KBincali wrote:
Hi CA Mailman,

Congrats! I've hit a snag.

May I ask which closing coordinator you are dealing with? My closing was supposed to be today and no word. Seems like the coordinator is AWOL. The "office manager" Erick Exum, who is not actually in the office tells me he is there, working on his pipeline, but the lady who IS there answering the phones says he's gone til 12/1, and the file has been turned over to someone else I can't reach.

Everything is complete, the bank sent closing disclosures, but the file hasn't been cleared. I'm in limbo. My previous MC and even the title company rep have been trying to help, but getting no where.

You mentioned you were able to contact someone higher up when you had problems. Could you please give me that contact info?

Thanks!

Check your PM....What you told me is really not acceptable and I would be pissed if they did that to me!

Message 33 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NACA questions (Update 11/29)

Hi all!

Yesterday HAND Rehab called and let me know that there are couple of "Duplicated items" for example:

Item 1: New Cabinets in Kitchen

Item 2: Paint Cabinets in Kitchen

Item 3: Reface Cabinets in Kitchen

I explained to them that contractor gave me 2 options just in case which one we go for, however HAND said pick one now. So we picked some items that we will stick with and removed "Optional items" off the list.

This morning I got e-mail from HAND saying to my closing coordinator to address C.O.C. Does anyone know what C.O.C. is? Is it same as C.T.C. (Cleared to Close)? Also that our rehab budget has been approved and the file has also been sent to CitiMortgage for their review and approval since the rehab funds comes from CitiMortgage.

All we hope that our closing day is still December 4th (or around that time) since I am on Annual Leave next week amid postal service's most busiest month and they'll frown if I had to change or extend my Annual Leave! *Yikes*

Wish me luck!

CAMailman

Message 34 of 74
cmony787
Regular Contributor

COC is Change of Circumstance

Probably just removal of those duplicates from your file.

I think your going to be hard pressed to close on Dec 4th, by law there has to be 72 hours from time Closing Disclosure is generated to when you are allowed to close. Has the closing coordinator schedule a closing date yet at the NACA office? Even with a little delay in closing, you are so close to finish line....Hang in there and keep checking that file!!
Message 35 of 74
KBincali
New Contributor

Sent a PM
Message 36 of 74
KBincali
New Contributor

My Closing Disclosure was generated on 11/20 by the same bank, with a stated closing date for yesterday. CAMailman and I have the same closing coordinator, and I still don't have any word on when I will actually close.

Frustrating!
Message 37 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmony787 wrote:
COC is Change of Circumstance

Probably just removal of those duplicates from your file.

I think your going to be hard pressed to close on Dec 4th, by law there has to be 72 hours from time Closing Disclosure is generated to when you are allowed to close. Has the closing coordinator schedule a closing date yet at the NACA office? Even with a little delay in closing, you are so close to finish line....Hang in there and keep checking that file!!

Thank you, Cmony787. I just emailed my Closing Coordinator in regards to that. Explained to him that closing date is important due to my annual leave I took from my employer, U.S. Postal Service and that they frown on delay or change due to very busy month. and Yeah,  we MUST move out of our apartment by end of next week!

Keeping our fingers crossed :-)

CAMailman

Message 38 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh speaking of checking my file at NACA....it's a joke if they can't fix it right....

I often encounter my Web-File system, when clicking to view document I get "Invalid or Corrupted PDF file" and other is System error.

How many of you encounter like this? I have MacBook running either Firefox or Safari browsers to check, both same results!

Thanks!

CAMailman

Message 39 of 74
KBincali
New Contributor

I haven't been able to upload anything since the very first time at the begining. I drive to the Oakland office every 2 weeks to put in my financial docs. I've tried 3 different computers with multiple browsers. Even my realtor has problems with it. Yes, that system is a major joke!

Yay for Yolanda!

Message 40 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.