Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NACA?

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

NACA?

Saw this in another thread. It seems great, wondering why it is not mentioned here?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
MzKoli
Contributor

Re: NACA?

There were a few past threads on it. I attended a workshop and it was fairly informative. Its based on being mortgage ready not credit scores. You show you can afford the mortgage you want by saving the difference of your current housing payment vs your new piti pymnt for generally 3 months give or take given your situation. Main complaint is they can be slow -if you find a good counselor you might be fine. People who've had the patience to make it through usually say it was worth it. You can find a seminar near you on their website attending is free.
Message 2 of 24
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Wish I would have heard about this a year ago...lol

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 24
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Sometimes things slip our minds...

Sorry wasnt mentioned for you sooner.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 24
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

@MzKoli wrote:
There were a few past threads on it. I attended a workshop and it was fairly informative. Its based on being mortgage ready not credit scores. You show you can afford the mortgage you want by saving the difference of your current housing payment vs your new piti pymnt for generally 3 months give or take given your situation. Main complaint is they can be slow -if you find a good counselor you might be fine. People who've had the patience to make it through usually say it was worth it. You can find a seminar near you on their website attending is free.

Sounds interesting....I was just on the website and its pretty informative. I keep thinking...there must be a catch. What am i missing ? 

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 5 of 24
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Nothing...

It is for real and many have used them... Its actually a good program for many, just the process can be long and we can see how much patience we all have on this site! lol

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 24
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

LOL, I agree with you. We are a very impatient bunch. Thank GOD we're here to keep each other from jumping out  the window, lol. 

Each One - Teach One
Message 7 of 24
Amythyst
Contributor

Do they have income restrictions?  I couldn't find anything on their site about it.

Message 8 of 24
MzKoli
Contributor

No income restrictions!
Message 9 of 24
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Does anyone have any experience with this type of mortgage ? I know someone mentioned its a lengthy process. I was wondering how long about ?
Each One - Teach One
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.