Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW -Early CAIVRS Removal.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEW -Early CAIVRS Removal.

Getfitwithkba I dont know why they wont delete it when you get cleared, I hope and pray that my congressman tells me good news tomorrow seeing he only had one day and a half to work with, im going to have to file an extention either way because I was suppose to close on the 20th and I still have to go to underwriting, my current lender said I could get the date that my caivrs would be deleted and we can close the day after, who knows when that will be smh, I hope you hear something soon. I'll keep you updated.
Message 41 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working on trying to get a cleared CAIVRS for my husband. He has a unique situation where the program for our state who was supposed to help him fix his mortgage actually bought his house at the sheriff sale. Then, when his VA disability came through 5 months later, they lied to him about redeeming his home. Our state has a 6 month redemption window. He is a disabled veteran and that is why his home went into foreclosure. It is so sad that they seemingly took advantage of a sick man with PTSD and refused to help him and even lied to him about his rights to buy back his home. Of course, at the time he didn't know the company that was supposed to be helping him bought his home and had every reason to keep him from redeeming it. They told him to just move out, let the foreclosure go through, and wait his 3 years to get a new loan with his VA benefits. (His prior home was FHA) the date he was told was the sheriff sale. 4/4/13. So he thought he was eligible last month. Little did we know CAIVRS existed and the company waited 17.5 months to file with HUD for the payout. We found a house, put in an offer, it was accepted, and we moved forward since we had a pre-q and pre-approval from a VA lender. Then, a couple of weeks into the underwriting we learned he had a CAIVRS hit and it would need to be fixed. Our loan officer says he's seen them fix them for certain situations and suggested we lay on them and document, document, document. Between the 2 of us we have called and emailed all of them. Our local FHA for our district has escalated it for review and said we should have an answer in 2-3 business days. I also contacted our local congressman and he agreed to send it to HQ in DC. Thankfully, his liaison was very fast to answer my email and very willing to do his best to help. We have until June 29 to close, so we are trying not to lose hope.
Message 42 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wandersamanda, don't lose hope yet. Just like my situation, at least they caught it early in the underwritting stage of things. Just keep documenting everything and stay on them! I have emailed answers@hud.gov 3 days in a row and the lady that called me back just said mine would fall off automaticvally on 6/9/16, so it would be pointless to file for a waiver at this time, but that is still unacceptable to me! Closing target date is 6/10!  They should not punish US for the financial institution failing to file claims in a timely manner. Sassysweet08, I will be thinking about you tomorrow. I hope the congressmans office gets back with you ASAP! I still havent heard anything from mine since the visit on Tuesday, but I will call them back tomorrow if I havent heard anything this afternoon. I figured it would take a couple days for them to get to it. 

Message 43 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received 2 more emails today asking for documentation of the date the deed was transferred out of my husband's name. They said to call once the information was obtained. Fingers crossed!!
Message 44 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Warnersamanda send it in as soon as I sent mines I was cleared 2 days later, but I was still showing on the site which they say can take up to 30 days, UPDATE: my congressman called me back saying that they removed me from the database and to check with my lender to see if im cleared, but their taking forever, I need to know so I can contact him if im not and get this handled today.smh I lnow it doesn't take that long to check.
Message 45 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getfitwithkba I would call for an update and stress the urgency.
Message 46 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sassysweet08, I just received an email from the lieson for our congresman and she said she put in the inquiry to FHA and HUD. Once she hears back, she will get back with me. She stressed that she knew it was time sensative, so we will see... Ugh!!!!

Message 47 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although my CAIVRS is cleared my lender wants written documentation as to why it was cleared early or they wont proceed with the loan. FHA is giving the runaround about getting me written documentation. It's like hoop, after hoop, after hoop. If I dont get written confirmation by today, Im contacting my Senator again. My loan officer is trying to get me closed by the end of the month. My loan officer also contacted the VP of the loan compant to try to get an override for underwritting. I will keep you posted. 

Message 48 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, please keep us posted. This is crazy! If you are clear, you should be clear, period!!! Crossing my fingers fro you too!!! 

Message 49 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sassysweet-I hope it shows clear now!

Getfit- I hope you can get some answers soon.

CAIVRSsucks- that's ridiculous! How much more can you have to do/prove?! How stressful.

Update for us: I had saw Karen Cella's email on here, so I had sent her an email as well. She called my husband this afternoon. She asked him to send her the same documents. I sent them to her as well. So the third time I sent them out today. She sounded very confident that she could get it resolved for us. I really good so. If all else fails, the congressman's liaison sent our info to the HUD and FHA in DC. He said he would call us when he hears something from them.
Message 50 of 162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.