Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW -Early CAIVRS Removal.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEW -Early CAIVRS Removal.

Interesting so if you can do it then any VA lender can do it, it is just based on interpretation of the above rules by the VA underwriter which you are somehow able to explain in such a way that a clear CAIVRS is not required.

So do you work to get the CAIVRS cleared or is it a exception granted. The reason I ask is because of the previous OPs issues with resurgence of the CAIVRS upon the attempg to refinance. 

Message 91 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know the guy, but it's likely he has access to investors that are willing to purchase loans with a CAIVRS hit that meets their guidelines... i.e. removal of the hit is imminent due to procedural delays.

Message 92 of 162
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting so if you can do it then any VA lender can do it, it is just based on interpretation of the above rules by the VA underwriter which you are somehow able to explain in such a way that a clear CAIVRS is not required.

So do you work to get the CAIVRS cleared or is it a exception granted. The reason I ask is because of the previous OPs issues with resurgence of the CAIVRS upon the attempg to refinance. 

Yes if they have an investor willing to buy the loan. It's not really an interpretation because VA has to agree otherwise they will not guarantee the loan. It has more to do with knowing the guidelines & having an investor that knows them as well.

I do not get the CAIVRS cleared (but I have helped clients with that when dealing with an FHA & USDA purchase) & it's not an exception. Yeah I'm not really sure why the OP resurfaced in CAIVRS. The only thing I can think of is maybe their designation changed. They may have been in the system initially under a default or foreclosure & now it might be due to a claim being paid.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 93 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

So USAA officially overnighted a denial of our Refinance application due to being incomplete. They refuse to call me back or respond to email! Strangely unprofessional. Everything about the application and loan process was normal and smooth since we are back on our feet, we have good credit, good income, even equity in the house - just wanted to refinance with lower rate. We were getting a couple offers for streamline every month so we decided to look into and chose USAA - figuring they would be experts and professional. 

The closing was supposed to be 9/26 - so 2 days before I learn CAVIRS is an issue again! I pulled out my old email to HUD from last year, review the notes, call FHA, get the case referred to HUD - you know the whole process.  I'm listed on it (not my husband the veteran) due to FHA loan in Chapter 7. The bank filed for FHA insurance 21 months after the sale in foreclosure so we were able to clear it last year and buy the house due to the exception. We have no other federal loans or debt so this is the only reason we could be listed.  The lender "couldn't be assured it was the old reason or something new and HUD wouldn't produce further documentation" so they will not move forward.  FHA says it stays on the CAIVRS system but we were given a "determination" or an exception last year and need to get a new one. Everything has been "escalated" for review but it takes longer than 2 days to clear. So I wonder - is CAIVRS a permanent record that we will always need to explain and be prepared to do so?  Or is it just there through the "3 years from FHA claim payment" and once we are past it we can have it behind us?

Message 94 of 162
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So USAA officially overnighted a denial of our Refinance application due to being incomplete. They refuse to call me back or respond to email! Strangely unprofessional. Everything about the application and loan process was normal and smooth since we are back on our feet, we have good credit, good income, even equity in the house - just wanted to refinance with lower rate. We were getting a couple offers for streamline every month so we decided to look into and chose USAA - figuring they would be experts and professional. 

The closing was supposed to be 9/26 - so 2 days before I learn CAVIRS is an issue again! I pulled out my old email to HUD from last year, review the notes, call FHA, get the case referred to HUD - you know the whole process.  I'm listed on it (not my husband the veteran) due to FHA loan in Chapter 7. The bank filed for FHA insurance 21 months after the sale in foreclosure so we were able to clear it last year and buy the house due to the exception. We have no other federal loans or debt so this is the only reason we could be listed.  The lender "couldn't be assured it was the old reason or something new and HUD wouldn't produce further documentation" so they will not move forward.  FHA says it stays on the CAIVRS system but we were given a "determination" or an exception last year and need to get a new one. Everything has been "escalated" for review but it takes longer than 2 days to clear. So I wonder - is CAIVRS a permanent record that we will always need to explain and be prepared to do so?  Or is it just there through the "3 years from FHA claim payment" and once we are past it we can have it behind us?

Hi Jwoo2015,

That sucks you're having to deal with the CAIVRS issue yet again but it does kind of make sense when you think about it. Anytime you apply for any type of government backed loan your info is run through CAIVRS so the last time HUD agreed to suppressed your SSN in the system for just that specific transaction.

Unfortunately a lot of the big box banks & credit unions are volume based so as soon as the loan officer figures out they can't do the loan they drop it move on to the next one. They typically won't "waste" their time trying to help you with anything out of the norm.

Make sure you post reviews of your experience with USAA everywhere you can because other people need to know what to expect.

Your info will age out of CAIVRS in 36-38 months from when the claim was paid so no, this is not permanent.

Even if you get your info suppressed again, USAA is not going to close your loan the next day. They will have to start all over with a new application & that means going back through the whole process with them. After the way they treated you I'm not sure why you would want to go through that again.

The good news is you do not have to go through the process to get your CAIVRS suppressed or deal with a company that treats you like garbage when they realize they can't make money off you.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 95 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ya'll, dealing with this stuff is tough and its good to be encouraged by other people who have been through it.  VAloanmaster, could you PM me with your contact info? I looked at the link but wasn't clear how to find you. Thanks.

Message 96 of 162
darkchild0813

Anyone encounter Caivrs issues after short sale? I see most had forclosure. I am in the beginning stages of applying for mortgage after closing short sale 3 years ago. My lender will complete app this week after my 3 year anniversary date. I am under contract after my CU changed products at the end of underwriting and I cannot afford 20% down.

I am trying for FHA but I am nervous about Caivrs hit. I am prepared to contact congressman or simply walk away and try again next year. Thoughts??
Message 97 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about short sale but your congress person will not be able to help you "just because", there has to be some failure on the part of the bank in processing your claim in order for the congress person to pursue early suppression. Does the bank file a insurance claim if they approve a short sale or do they just accept the lesser amount and call it done? Also don't you have a waiting person of x years after a short sale?
Message 98 of 162
darkchild0813

BOA completed my short sale. Judging from other posts around the Web, BOA never filed claims on time. I will not know anything until this week when my lender does the CAIVRS pull. My short sale will be seasoned 3 years. I am just hanging on by a hope and a prayer at this point.
Message 99 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to give an update for those of you trying to decide what to do. My husband typed up a letter regarding our situation. He went into the congressman's office first thing Tuesday morning and filled out their paper work. Talked to the liason and went on his way. By Thursday afternoon he receieved a call from HUD saying his name has been removed from caivrs and shory after the congressman's office called and reported the same. It only took TWO days! Totally worth your time and effort if you are being held up by caivrs. So thankful for those who have posted. My husband was not happy about me pushi g him to go. It tooka while to convince him. So totally worth it though! Hoping to close on our home in early November!
Message 100 of 162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.