Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Loan Processor

tag
jules0580
Regular Contributor

NFCU Loan Processor

Wondering everyone's experience with their loan processor for a Navy federal mortgage?

I'm always a nervous wreck high anxiety etc so I have a hard time not freaking out when there is radio silence.

We went under contract two weeks ago my loan officer was on vacation though so when she returned on Monday she got the ball rolling with the appraisal. Aside from that it went this way

Preapproval 6/14
Under contract 7/6
Conditional approval 7/10 docs signed electronically and uploaded same day
7/15 - loan officer back said appraisal would be ordered and took payment told me my loan processor would be assigned that day and will reach out normally same day.

Received email advising of loan processor contact and that she would reach out within 48 hours

7/17 received automated email that the appraisal was ordered
7/18 heard from appraiser about scheduling

Since then I have heard nothing: today was a full week since the processor was assigned. I don't like to bother people but I figured today was a good Time to reach out. I reached out and asked for an update. I received a response that said "thanks for reaching out, I will give you an update on your loan first thing in the morning"

Panic Time? Normal?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Loan Processor

Congrats on your approval...we go for our approval thru NFCU in a cpl weeks.... I'm nervous by nature as well so I hope it's a smooth process for you. And no news is good news...right? Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
gracenpeace
Established Member

I just closed on a VA refi with NFCU. From start to finish it was 88 days. They are really busy due to low interest rates. It sounds like you're looking good.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My loan processor took a few days to make contact. There was a bit of a lull as we waited for appraisal. Now I hear from her just about everyday.

I know how hard it is to be patient...I can’t wait for the next two weeks to roll on by!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.