Did you mean: 

NFCU Mortgage

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Mortgage

@Caught750 wrote:
DWs issues are mostly medical and under $2k. My profile is solid and will be 750-775 on mortgage scores. I just wasn’t sure if a joint card would help DW but it seems like a no. Hopefully they’ll look past the med stuff. She has 3 and is an AU on several.

Since she has 3, there is no need to get another CC. She has the perfect number of cards for FICO scoring. So the next question is UT. Hopefully, only one has a reported balance of less than 8.9% and the other 2 at zero. If any are maxed out, that kills scores. Also, the cards that she is an AU on, are those balances low? If they're high, it could have a bad affect on her scores.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 17
Caught750
Valued Contributor

My Util is low and I’ll have her AZEO before pre approval but as it stands now her F8s will be in the 650s or so at preapproval time. I know she’s good all around, like I said was kinda curious about internal history with NFCU
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 12 of 17
2B770
Valued Member

Terrible to work with. I applied, never once heard from a loan officer via phone. I received a few text messages and that was it. A few weeks later...I recieve a message on their website that gave me the denial.

I wasn't so much upset with the denial....but no actually never once spoke to a human until after I badgered the loan officer. And the call back was very flippant. I received better service at chick fila
Fico 8 Scores
July 2018:
Sept 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 8 GOAL:

Fico 9 Scores
Aug 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 9 GOAL:

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been pondering a Mortgage with NFCU as they do haev severl options. But your experience has left me a bit apprehensive.

I normally hear great things bout them. 

Message 14 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been pondering a Mortgage with NFCU as they do haev severl options. But your experience has left me a bit apprehensive.

I normally hear great things bout them. 

Please dont let one post leave you apprehensive. Everyone has different experiences for different reasons.

I got a NFCU mortgage last year when I purchased my condo. My only gripe was that the LO was quite lackadaisical but the processor was superb. Since I had good scores, source of funds documented, and uploaded all documents required to their portal, the process was pretty easy peasy.  

All in all, I will use NFCU again. I loved their various mortgage products and their realty referral program. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 17
2B770
Valued Member

If you have all of your complete ducks in a row, then yes, consider them.  But my experience was so STERILE that I actually was completely offended.  They didn't even have a conversation with me to help me understand what (if anything) could be changed or modified to help me get the loan.  I honestly, truly, have had better service at Chick Fila.

Fico 8 Scores
July 2018:
Sept 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 8 GOAL:

Fico 9 Scores
Aug 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 9 GOAL:

Message 16 of 17
2B770
Valued Member

I agree.  If all your ducks are completely in a row...then perhaps you're good.  Just make sure you do everything first. 1) get the middle mortgage credit score to whatever number is needed depending on the loan you are seeking.  I would say 680 to be safe.  2) upload all supporting documents.

Fico 8 Scores
July 2018:
Sept 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 8 GOAL:

Fico 9 Scores
Aug 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 9 GOAL:

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.