cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU after Bankruptcy??

NFCU after Bankruptcy??

Hello!

I was speaking with a broker? a little while back who stated that NFCU would not approve any mortgage loans if you had a bankruptcy. She stated that you would have to be 7 years out from its discharge date to get an approval.

To clarify, NFCU was not included in the bankruptcy. I opened my account with them after the BK was discharged and have pretty much used thier CC to rebuild my scores.

anyone with some insight to this? I would really love to consider using them for my mortgage but dont want to waste my time if they will automatically deny it.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU after Bankruptcy??

I would call and speak with one of their LO's and find out. If they that tight, their lots of good lenders and loan officers out there.

Best wishes to you!

Mortgage Banker - Since 1988 offering FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo and Portfolio Loan Products. Licensed in AL, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, IA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, NC, NE, NV, NJ, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA and WI.
Message 2 of 3
New Contributor

Re: NFCU after Bankruptcy??

NFCU did approve me for a mortgage. My BK discharge was in January 2013. I closed on the house this past May. The only thing they did have me do was a long packet with all of the accounts that were discharged and I had to provide a comment on each account.

Message 3 of 3