cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - conventional loan soft pull before closing?

tag
jules0580
Regular Contributor

NFCU - conventional loan soft pull before closing?

I have seen so many people say navy federal doesn't do a soft pull before closing and so many saying they definitely would. So tell me if they pulled yours- navy federal specifically - right before close.

Second part of the question - I did not add any new debt, did not effect my DTI but I wasn't thinking and I got the zero percent balance transfer check offers from several of my cards so I basically moved my debt around instead of keeping it spread across multiple cards I now have higher balances on two cards but lower on the others. Is this going to be an issue: I wasn't thinking when I did this ughh
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU - conventional loan soft pull before closing?

Yes they WILL pull your credit prior to drawing documents. Unbelievable, I’m just speechless. You need to immediately tell your Loan officer what you have done. At closing you will be expected to sign a new financial statement which will be completely inaccurate. Actually it won’t get that far as the lender WILL see completely different balances. This will cause your file to go back to UW..... is this a deal killer, probably not but it will cause some big delays and possibly an additional hard pull, rerunning DTI and a letter of explanation about what and why this happened.
In other words your file will need to be completely Underwritten again.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call your LO right away. We are financing thru NFCU currently. I asked about transferring $ from Amex to NFCU to take advantage of bal transfer offer recently. She said we could but would need to show statements where the Amex balance was transferred and the NFCU card recieved it. We are very late in the process and I wasn’t sure the transaction would fully clear prior to closing, so I opted not to do it. They did re-pull my credit because my initial pull will be past 120 days just prior to closing. Good Luck!
Message 3 of 5
jules0580
Regular Contributor

Thanks; I honestly had forgotten about it. We had been looking at houses for months put in offers but getting out bid, we originally prequalified back in March didn't find a house re applied in June and was not having luck finding a house still so that's when I did it but then of course we went under contract right after that and I just recently thought about it
Message 4 of 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@jules0580 wrote:
I have seen so many people say navy federal doesn't do a soft pull before closing and so many saying they definitely would. So tell me if they pulled yours- navy federal specifically - right before close.

Second part of the question - I did not add any new debt, did not effect my DTI but I wasn't thinking and I got the zero percent balance transfer check offers from several of my cards so I basically moved my debt around instead of keeping it spread across multiple cards I now have higher balances on two cards but lower on the others. Is this going to be an issue: I wasn't thinking when I did this ughh

Whether they pulled my CR or whether they pulled someone's else's CR shouldn't be the question; nor should you be getting the answer from a forum--only your LO! And just always assume a "pull" whether you're buying a house, leasing a car, asking for a CLI, no matter what. This way, you'll always be on the side of safe.

So all is not doomed. Just call you LO and explain, and let him/her tell you what to do going forward. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.