Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSF fees PLEASE ADVISE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NSF fees PLEASE ADVISE

I am applying for a mortgage and score is now at 670. My debt to income ratio is extremely low but I don't have a lot of accounts. I had $72 in NSF fees in March that the bank took off and the branch manager listed their contact information and is willing to speak to the underwriter. Is this going to hurt me? I'm going to have a nrevous breakdown before this is over.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: NSF fees PLEASE ADVISE

You will need to explain the NSF fee, the underwriter won't take a phone call from the branch manager, they only accept items in writing.

Most lenders won't have a problem with NSF fees as long as it's not reoccurring.  If this was a bank error, then I wouldn't be worried.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was my error, but not sure how they recorded it. They credited my account and just wrote clerical error.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it help if I included an additional 30 days in my paperwork?
Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Lender's require the last 2 months of bank statements for each account you are using to qualify, so at this point Feb/March would be needed.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.