Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Pre-Approval expires 3/15

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Navy Pre-Approval expires 3/15

After multiple failed attempts, I finally won a bidding war. I love the house, Navy quoted 4.125 today with plans to send my loan estimate tomorrow.

Can I app tonight with WF and one other just in hopes Navy would match their rate? Or will the extra inquiries count against my score since it's been over 45 days since my original Navy app? 

I just want to see if there is any way I can save a buck or 1k... Thanks in advance all! 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

7 REPLIES 7
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Pre-Approval expires 3/15

@newmomnewme wrote:

After multiple failed attempts, I finally won a bidding war. I love the house, Navy quoted 4.125 today with plans to send my loan estimate tomorrow.

Can I app tonight with WF and one other just in hopes Navy would match their rate? Or will the extra inquiries count against my score since it's been over 45 days since my original Navy app? 

I just want to see if there is any way I can save a buck or 1k... Thanks in advance all! 

First, congratulations on the bid being accepted! That's such an exciting feeling, I'm sure even more so after multiple failed attempts in this crazy market! 

You can definitely have a few other lenders pull your credit to see if they offer you something better than NFCU but the inquiries will count against you. If you know your mortgage scores, you can call lenders and give them the parameters of your deal (i.e. purchase price $x down payment x% on a 30 year conventional with 755 middle score) and ask for a rate quote. Some will give you the rates, others will push to run credit on you. 

Best of luck

Message 2 of 8
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

If it's been more than 45 days after NFCU pulled credit for a mortgage then it might impact your credit (depending on ones profile) 0-4 points, if your score is already strong then the few points you might lose won't matter at all.  Remember, you can cancel a loan at anytime and even after signing final docs (you have a 3 day right of rescission). 4.125% is a decent rate for a conforming loan unless there are some points involved or navy is sticking you with an origination/processing fee (which I hardly doubt).  Check section A of page 2 of your loan estimate for costs.

i'd say go for it if score is not a worry, the only thing you'd have to provide to NFCU if you didn't go with anyone else is a simple letter of explanation that the credit pull/s didn't result in any debt- hope it helps.

Message 3 of 8
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

@MauiMan85297 wrote:

If it's been more than 45 days after NFCU pulled credit for a mortgage then it might impact your credit (depending on ones profile) 0-4 points, if your score is already strong then the few points you might lose won't matter at all.  Remember, you can cancel a loan at anytime and even after signing final docs (you have a 3 day right of rescission). 4.125% is a decent rate for a conforming loan unless there are some points involved or navy is sticking you with an origination/processing fee (which I hardly doubt).  Check section A of page 2 of your loan estimate for costs.

i'd say go for it if score is not a worry, the only thing you'd have to provide to NFCU if you didn't go with anyone else is a simple letter of explanation that the credit pull/s didn't result in any debt- hope it helps.

Just so everyone knows, the 3 day right to rescind only applies to refinances - not purchases. Purchases fund when docs are signed - there is no option to cancel after signing. 

Message 4 of 8
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@mgs2010 wrote:

@MauiMan85297 wrote:

Just so everyone knows, the 3 day right to rescind only applies to refinances - not purchases. Purchases fund when docs are signed - there is no option to cancel after signing. 

Correct, should of made reference to that being  poster made mention about purchase and not a refinance. But can still cancel loan at any time up until final signing

Message 5 of 8
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I don't think my scores can take the hit....656, 664, and 668. 5 pts would kill me. LO said I could unlock and relics twice before closing 🤷🏽‍♀️ Honestly, I'm good with under 5 at this point. 

It's the wild Wild West out here, I'm stoked I actually won. 

Message 6 of 8
Seamslong
Valued Member

Congratulations on bid being accepted if I may ask how long have you been in the market (home searching) I’m looking to start in the summer and kind of nervous

Remaining Card limit goals:
Capitol One 3,600/2,500/2,300 goal 10k each line or close after buy a home|Discover $9.5k goal 15k | Citibank $6.5k goal 10k | Southwest $8,200 goal 20k |PayPal goal $6.0k goal 10k|Wayfair $2.1k goal $5.0k

Possibly cancelling:
Amex Blue 2k | No credit line increase since inception 2017
Closed accounts
Legacy CC/Capitol One secured 08/2021
Amex 11/2022

Entered the garden on 9/01/2021
Message 7 of 8
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I've started looking in November....it's absolutely nuts. I've watched the rates go up each week. You have to keep the faith, stay patient and try not to get desperate. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.