cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly there...

tag
emmademma13

Nearly there...

My fiance and I are in (I hope) the home stretch of getting everything wrapped up.  We are scheduled to close on 5/27.  I think at this point we have ceased being humans and are just bunches of frazzled nerves.  This process is excruciating. 

I know everyone goes through it, but if they ask for one more ridiculous piece of information, I may scream.  Last Friday, the loan processor asked for a print out of my fiance's bank activity from 5/1-5/9 to show he got a direct deposit.  This is after they have 3 consecutive months of full bank statements.  Ugh!

The one thing I am puzzled about is the appraisal.  The appraisal was ordered on 4/28, but we haven't heard anything back.  I've asked and have been told either not to worry about it or that they'll let me know later.  How long does that process normally take for an FHA loan?  Days? Weeks? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Nearly there...

@emmademma13 wrote:

My fiance and I are in (I hope) the home stretch of getting everything wrapped up.  We are scheduled to close on 5/27.  I think at this point we have ceased being humans and are just bunches of frazzled nerves.  This process is excruciating. 

I know everyone goes through it, but if they ask for one more ridiculous piece of information, I may scream.  Last Friday, the loan processor asked for a print out of my fiance's bank activity from 5/1-5/9 to show he got a direct deposit.  This is after they have 3 consecutive months of full bank statements.  Ugh!

The one thing I am puzzled about is the appraisal.  The appraisal was ordered on 4/28, but we haven't heard anything back.  I've asked and have been told either not to worry about it or that they'll let me know later.  How long does that process normally take for an FHA loan?  Days? Weeks? 

^^^Depends on the lender and their process. My normal lenders take 30 days (or less) for an FHA loan.   If you go to a bank or mortgage broker they want more time - 45 days is typical.  All of this assumes that the buyer sends the information requested by the lender right away. Most buyers are organized. A few don't have the info needed, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our appraisal took 4 days to happen once ordered, and 2 business days after that to be sent to the lender. I think it depends on your area and how busy the market is. I'm in a pretty slow market.
Message 3 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

*slaps hand to forehead*  I thought the OP wanted to know how long from contract signing to closing!  Smiley Embarassed  I see now that s/he actually wanted to know just the appraisal process.  4 days is excellent. i am seeing in the 7 to 10 day range here...

Message 4 of 15
emmademma13

Hahaha @StartingOver.  I figured out what you were talking about and it actually made me feel good that we are on track with that. 

I think I'm just getting really worn out by this whole process.  I don't like not knowing what's going to happen next and I am worried having read others' experiences where things have fallen apart at the last moment. 

I just gotta make it through these next couple of weeks.  *deep breath*

Message 5 of 15
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Emmademma...don't let others experience cause you unnecessary grief. Each person's experience is different. Just make sure to stay on top of everything, respond to your LO's requests immediately (no matter how silly the request may be), stay engaged with your LO, and ask your LO all of the questions you have...the sillier the request from them the sillier the question from you.

Congrats!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 6 of 15
emmademma13

that's a wonderful idea!  When they ask me for something I've already given them.  I'll ask a silly question, for instance:

LO- we need a copy of your April bank Statement.

Me- Why do you think kitties are so darn fuzzy and silly? 

LO- Can you send me a copy of your driver's license?

Me- Which weighs more: a ping-pong ball or a marble on Mars?

That may just do the trick.  Thanks for that wonderful advice! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO!!

Message 8 of 15
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Ask them which weighs more: 1 pound of cotton or a pound of rocks!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 9 of 15
emmademma13

I have to say that so far, by a landslide, my favorite question has been "How were you going to pay for the appraisal?"- LO "I thought I'd pay with that check you cashed on Tuesday"- Me  (it was Friday when he asked me this). 

I need a drink.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.