Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need 7 pts for mortgage pre approval

tag
House2021
Established Contributor

Re: Need 7 pts for mortgage pre approval

Carmenrevelle when you say after you removed the dispute remarks, your score dropped, then bounced back - how long until it bounces back? Was it days, weeks, over a month?

Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was about 8 days.

Message 22 of 40
House2021
Established Contributor

How many points did it bounce back? I’m in a similar situation right now, need 11 points.

Message 23 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went down 59 points came back up 52. I just paid down a loan to a certain amount. The lender said I would gain 17 points. Now we are waiting on the rapid rescore. 

Message 24 of 40
House2021
Established Contributor

Fingers crossed for you! Thanks for sharing about the credit bounce, gives me hope for mine. That must've really been shocking seeing the credit drop so bad! That really was just from removing the dispute remarks? I wonder why it drops it then rebounds?

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Yes, I had to remove the dispute remarks twice because they came back for some reason and both times my scores dropped dramatically with nothing else changing on credit report. 

Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

My middle score is now a 633 and hubby's is a 645! We are applying tomorrow for a mortgage! I know they aren't the best scores, but they will do for now. 

Message 27 of 40
Mland-EC
Valued Member

You have few options other than removing negs  that I can see but one that worked for me.

Pay 3 grand or more if you can toward the principle on that auto loan(don't prepay, get the balance of the loan down) and wait until the next reporting cycle.

I mean what else can you do?I would be surprised if you didn't get 2 to 7 points.

Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid down the motorcycle loan down to $2300 and got a 20 pt gain 

Message 29 of 40
Mland-EC
Valued Member

Nice, it worked for me too.

I paid 13K princicple on one of my two Mort and got a 60 point bump! I am now at my all time high credit score. After paying some more CC Cards down I suspect I will shatter my new record in about a week.

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.