Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need A Jumbo Loan with 10% Down

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need A Jumbo Loan with 10% Down

@bb2014 wrote:

Just an update...I received approval this morning from my local credit union for the Jumbo Loan for 705K with 10% down which covers the cost of the house and a bit more.

Many thanks to you all for the guidance, suggestions, etc.

Nice!  Mind sharing which CU as I'm curious to go look at their products, CU's are somewhat all over the map I'm finding on mortgages during some side research, geeky stuff hah.

        
Message 11 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@frugalQ wrote:

most jumbo loans require score >=700....at the very least a 680.  Is there a way you can add a few extra points to your score?

Is that still the case?  UW has relaxed considerably in some places, Chase last year was simply <700, come up with 30% down, but I don't think that's the case anymore looking at their tiering sheet.

        
Message 12 of 13
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

here in Georgia, it was only a few lenders who would do a jumbo with less than 700 score...and none went below 680.  doing a purchase money second was the way around the that.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.