cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help For A Family Member

tag
CadillacXTS

Need Help For A Family Member

Asking for a family member. Thanks for your help in advance.

Will she quailfy for a mortatage of $80-100,00

Income: $2900 monthly ($2000 from employment before taxes and $720 from SSI for a child)

Debt    : $  972 monthly (rent 650, car note 322,

Baddies:  None but does have a $5500 balance on a credit credit that was closed backed in 08/2014. Hasnt missed a single payment on the account before it was closed or since its been closed. All other credit cards are paid off with 0 balances.

All credit scores appeared to be 655 or better based on what I was told.

She will be a first time home owner.

Oh also was told she has a thin file. Perfect payment history on all accounts however accounts have only been opened for 3 months to 20 months. Does have a few prior paid small auto loans back in 2005, 2010, and 2013. 2013 was the largest loan for 25k however she paid it off in 4 months so it only shows 4 payments prior to being paid off.

She only has about 2k in savings. Cant have more she say or she could lose the SSI payments for child.

She will be using a down payment assistance program.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CadillacXTS

Re: Another Do I Quality

Anyone?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Do I Quality

The only one that can truly answer that is a bank/mortgage broker.  When I bought my house 6 years ago my score was a 687 and I made roughly $2200 month after taxes and I got a $168,000 loan.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Help For A Family Member

At first blush it looks like she absolutely would qualify.  The big concern is her DTI and with her rent being part of it, there should be a time when that can be factored out (after the rental agreement is done).  I would look in First Time Home Owners programs through the FHA, or if she lives in a rural part of the country a USDA Rural Development program.  (620's needed and USDA has a fixed 4% right now).  She really needs to talk to a mortgage broker, and talk to one who specializes in these areas.

Message 4 of 6
justrock
Frequent Contributor

Rent is not included in dti.  It's not a debt its a living expense like food. Her car and credit card payments make up her dti along with any other loans she might have

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
CadillacXTS

Thanks everyone

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.