Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for future mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice for future mortgage

My DH and I would like to apply for FHA this spring or summer. Our history includes a discharged bankruptcy Ch 7 January 2017 also I had a prior foreclosure December 2015 that was sold March 2016 from my bank to current owner. So now that we are 2 years post bankruptcy and near the 3 year mark for foreclosure we would like to apply for a FHA mortgage. My middle mortgage score from here is 672. Paying off some credit card balances before attempting to apply. Not sure what my DH mortgage scores are. My DH student loans are also in forbearance. Not sure how that will affect the FHA process.
My questions I guess are if I am on the CAIVRS system from my previous USDA mortgage
How do I go about getting myself removed? The mortgage debt that had already foreclosed on was included in my bankruptcy. Will my DH student loan forbearance prevent him from being on the loan? I have 2 student loan lates from (2015) before the bankruptcy that still show up on my reports, Will this affect us? They are current now and have been for 3 years. Also we have a car that was not reaffirmed in the bankruptcy that is showing up on our reports with late payments pre bankruptcy but then states “included in CH7” with nothing reported since the discharge
Will this affect us? Just learning about NACA can you do this program after bankruptcy/ foreclosure? Or is FHA our only option at this stage? Help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice for future mortgage

Q: My questions I guess are if I am on the CAIVRS system from my previous USDA mortgage
How do I go about getting myself removed? 

A: First, it's easy to check. I run all my borrowers through the FHA Connection upfront who tell me that have had a previous foreclosure on any government insured loan. It we get am "Authorization" that's great. But if we get a "Claim Number", it gives up the contact number so we can find out when the CAIVRS claim will be removed. The cure date is 3 years from the date that the Agency paid the claim. If it's past that date, I have the process dialed now so it can be removed pretty quickly.

Q: Will my DH student loan forbearance prevent him from being on the loan?

A: Incorrect. Do will have to factor in a 1% payment on any SL in deferment or forbearance.

Q: Also we have a car that was not reaffirmed in the bankruptcy that is showing up on our reports with late payments pre bankruptcy but then states “included in CH7” with nothing reported since the discharge. Will this affect us?

A: No

Hope these answers help you!

Q: I have 2 student loan lates from (2015) before the bankruptcy that still show up on my reports, Will this affect us?

A: No

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I get touch with you? I'd like to get more information from you on getting a mortgage.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.