Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need mortgage help!

tag
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Need mortgage help!

Did you get the GFE in a .pdf document?  If so just copy & paste each line into a post... if you didn't you can scan/omit personal info/post it to a website as a .jpeg, and post a link.. or you can just hand copy each line (HUD line number, fee description, and fee).
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I figured out the GFE...I was confusing the lender with the seller, thinking they were the same, but they are technically two different groups...now it adds up. 

Now I'm looking at the Truth in lending...

APR - 7.539
Finance charge - 230,771
Amount Financed - 155,023 (on the GFE, the Sales price is $159,819, the pmi is $2325, the base mort amt is $155,024, and the Total mortgage amt is $157,349)
Total of payments - 385,795

Num of pmts - 151 amount of pmt - 1,111.15 to 1098.86 beginning 1/1/08
Num of pmts - 208 amount of pmt - 1046.85 beginning 8/1/2020

She has my payments NOW as $1046 on the GFE

Is this wrong or am I missing something?

Message Edited by bsf56 on 10-20-2007 08:18 PM

Message Edited by bsf56 on 10-20-2007 08:25 PM
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

In every new home contract I have ever seen the buyer is to pay the Builder/Seller's closing costs - they pass those on the you.  Really not fair!  So yes, they are 'giving' you closing help - but it's to pay their costs also (which are charged to you).

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I keep editing because as I re-read it, nothing I post makes sense.

So I just need to decide if I want to go with another lender for a lower rate and bring more to closing or do I want to take a higher rate with less closing costs, right?  

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simple way to find the break even point:

How long do you plan to stay in the house?  Total up the payments for that period and subtract the lower one with no help  from the higher one with bulder help -- is this number more than the increase in closing costs?  If yes - then lower rate loan is more cost effective over time.  This also assumes that you have the $ for the incresed costs.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not going to keep the house longer than 5 years...probably more like 3 or 4 so I think I will just stay where I am at.

THANKS SHANE AND LADY SCARLET FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP! 
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.