cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New LO pissing me off about collections.

tag
mwmiller82
Contributor

New LO pissing me off about collections.

Two days ago I asked the board a question about collections being factored into my debt income ratio, and I appreciate the answers!! And of course you all was right!!

Ok, today, the loan officer emailed me, and asked about the collections on my account. I told him, the last LO that pre approved me through Desktop Underwriting said that it clearly said it didn't need to be paid off, and he tells me "as far as I know, any collections over $1,000 needs to be paid off in order to buy a home" This is the deal, I had a lease car through Infiniti, when I returned it I had went way over the mileage, about $7000 worth, they sent me the bill 3 weeks later, on the 4th week it reported 30 days late!! My scores dropped over 80-105 points across the board!! They wanted to setup a payment plan of $1050 per month to have it paid off by 6 months, I told them I couldn't afford that. Long story short, since then for two years they have been calling me trying to do a settlement offer. Loan Officers along the way told me things from "it will need to be paid off, you can pay the settlement as long as it has zero balance owed is all that will count, then some said it's over a year old it wouldn't matter"

Now he tells me he will talk to the underwriter tomorrow to be sure.

My question is, my Original LO said that DU clearly said it didn't need to be paid in order to get the loan, now this new guy who took over is all over the place with my paperwork and telling me it needs to be paid, why would DU say it didn't need to be paid if it really needed to be paid? Or is he flat out wrong about the whole thing?

Starting Score: TU527 EQ517 April 2012
Current Score: TU535 EQ540 May 2012
Current Score: TU631 EQ620 October 2012
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: New LO pissing me off about collections.

I don't know. I have a $1100 collection that is unpaid on my credit report. My LO said it did not have to be paid. I have gone through underwriting and satisfied all the conditions and I am just waiting for final approval. All I had to do is write a letter of explanation for it and I am due to close next week. So his generalized statement that any collection over $1000 has to be paid to get a home loan, is false.

I hope they can work this out quickly for you. Hopefully, worst case they can just make it due at closing and roll it into the loan.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 9
mwmiller82
Contributor

Exactly, My LO before him said the most the underwriter will want from me is a letter of explanation of the debt.

This guy just sent me another email sounding pissed that the original LO allowed me to see the DU findings, said it wasn't for me to be viewing.

Message 3 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Okay...

The DU process is just part of the process, your UW under manual review can request any collection or whatever to be paid as a condition no matter how much is owed. It does not matter what loan program you are applying through such as FHA and that thier requirements say it is okay, it matters what the Overlay Bank Requirements are, and UW discretion.

If you arent happy with the LO you are dealing with, or they are requiring you to pay, then it is time to find a different Bank and LO or a Broker, who can get it done without you having to pay.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Let me also add that while the LO may or may not be a good one, and is Pi**ing you off.

At the same time you questioning them, and telling them they are wrong is also Pi**ing them off. You are only going to delay things for yourself.

Personally nothing wrong with asking questions, but since it seems you have a know it all LO, you are fighting a losing a battle.

I would ask for a new LO or take my business some where else!

Good Luck
Message 5 of 9
mwmiller82
Contributor

You are probably right, but all I am disclosing with him is the information that his boss disclosed with me before he went out on medical leave, this guy has 10 years as a LO the original has over 37 years, and told me that he himself spoke to the underwriter over a week ago about this same thing and now this guy is mad at me because I told him what the Seior LO discussed with me before going out on leave and is still telling me by email, so if he's mad at me for giving him the facts that is his problem and should take it up with his superior.

Message 6 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@mwmiller82 wrote:

You are probably right, but all I am disclosing with him is the information that his boss disclosed with me before he went out on medical leave, this guy has 10 years as a LO the original has over 37 years, and told me that he himself spoke to the underwriter over a week ago about this same thing and now this guy is mad at me because I told him what the Seior LO discussed with me before going out on leave and is still telling me by email, so if he's mad at me for giving him the facts that is his problem and should take it up with his superior.

When your paper work gets lost in the shuffle and you dont close in time, remember he took it up with his superior. It happens, not saying it will happen to you, but it sure does happen.

Good Luck
Message 7 of 9
mwmiller82
Contributor

Will keep you all posted, thanks again you all!!!

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Sure, no problem. I am sure it will work out in the end. :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.