Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Loan and Taxes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Loan and Taxes?

I got pre approved for a loan and am about to go into contract on a home. My concern is that I am currently over seas on a 1 year remote tour and get back first week of December. I have not filed my 2013 taxes due to me leaving the country before getting everything needed to file. 

My lender said all I need is W-2s and I told the lady who was involved in my pre approval that I havent filed 2013 return yet due to me being overseas. She said all you need is the W-2s no big deal. I calculated my taxes and I will owe under $100 for my 2013 taxes. I plan on filing the first week of December with an accountant which is way before the estimated close time.

Will this affect my ability to get a loan if I have plenty of money for my closing costs and just need to file my taxes when I get back from overseas? I am hoping they accept all of my orders from traveling this year as proof I am not trying to avoid paying my taxes or something. 

Thanks for any information.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Loan and Taxes?

I suppose the better question would be,

I get back about 30 days before close, if I file my taxes and take a copy to the local IRS office, have them stamp a copy or make a payment to them and show the payment reciept and a copy of my taxes to the lender, will that suffice??

Message 2 of 3
edcampbell613
Contributor

Re: New Loan and Taxes?

Yes it will

I have walked customers to the tax office before, not a fun trip but ya go to do what ya got to do.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.