cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Purchase and 100% Loan! Can they go together?

tag
OneMortgageGuy
Regular Contributor

Re: New Purchase and 100% Loan! Can they go together?

With your credit histroy I think you can get a loan on an icecube. Let me check with an underwriter on that.

When you do shop with your CU check wioth B of A at the sametime. B of A is really eatting closing cost right now and it's not causing the rate to go up.

Tuscani wrote:
I am also in the market and am shopping around... I am leaning more and more towards using a CU.

Message 11 of 16
robz71lm7
Established Member

Yes,  I was shocked when they quoted me that rate.  It's enough that I'm now looking at existing homes the builder has in inventory vs building.  I'll take a look into BoA.

OneMortgageGuy wrote:
Thats a great deal from you credit union! Check with B of A if you are going full doc. 

robz71lm7 wrote:
My credit union just offered me 100% financing on a $150K home at 6.500% 0-points (30-year) with closing costs at $999 (total cash required at close was around $2400)

Scores:

Eq 716
Ex 725
Tu 726

I also have zero debt.

Bad news is I'm 6 months out from closing (new construction).  Wells Fargo will offer to cap the rate for 6 months but the rates they are quoting today for me are 7.00%-which isn't even competitive with my credit union above.

Message Edited by robz71lm7 on 08-29-2007 10:09 AM

Message 12 of 16
OneMortgageGuy
Regular Contributor

Good Luck!!

robz71lm7 wrote:
Yes,  I was shocked when they quoted me that rate.  It's enough that I'm now looking at existing homes the builder has in inventory vs building.  I'll take a look into BoA.

Message 13 of 16
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

Thanks for such dead-on, honest and correct information on today's mortgage market.  This week  pulled back on doing a cash out/refi on my condo so I could leave my family's business and get a position which allows me to completely document my loan (still with the lowest costs and lowest possible interest rate fixed for 30 years).  I also am trying to get all my FICO scores over 720, within the next 3 to 4 months, to be allowed to utilize the awesome appraisal report on my condo (which has increased almost 35% over the past year since I purchased it).  The only negative here is now I've got several useless inquiries on my credit reports due to my stalled efforts.
Message 14 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

OneMortgageGuy wrote:
With your credit histroy I think you can get a loan on an icecube. Let me check with an underwriter on that.

When you do shop with your CU check wioth B of A at the sametime. B of A is really eatting closing cost right now and it's not causing the rate to go up.

Tuscani wrote:
I am also in the market and am shopping around... I am leaning more and more towards using a CU.

I don't think BofA services loans in MN.
Message 15 of 16
OneMortgageGuy
Regular Contributor

Chase and Wells has good rates also.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.