Valued Contributor

Re: New construction final price?

Nope I didnt do that lol

The stairs are standard yup

Message 21 of 48
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

I'm hoping to get closing credits because on the naca program you can buy down your rate to .065%. Ideally I'd like closing credits plus free upgrades!

I know we must have a fence, blinds, and that's all I know of for sure.
Message 22 of 48
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I did no blinds.

Message 23 of 48
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

I didn't either.  Their costs were way too high.  My husband is handy and he needed some work to do. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 24 of 48
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

And I just figured it out.  We are paying for 11k in upgrades and got an additional 12k in incentives.  

The upgrades we did were pretty boring, upgraded carpet pads in the areas that have carpets, rounded corners, upgraded insullation, extended ceiling in the entry way, crown molding, upgraded cabinets in the kitchen, upgraded appliances to stainless.  I know there is more but I can't think of them right now. 

We did get lucky and because of a "mistake" by the builder, he threw in granite counters in the kitchen.  We were just going to go standard and upgrade later because they didn't offer what we wanted but since he offered them we took them. 

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
Message 25 of 48
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Eh....my husband is man enough to admit he needs to call in the experts! Not handy at all! Ha!
Message 26 of 48
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Ha! Mine is handy AND cheap so I'm not sure if I'm lucky or well you know.

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
Message 27 of 48
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

@jzsnow wrote:
Eh....my husband is man enough to admit he needs to call in the experts! Not handy at all! Ha!

HAHA!  Ditto this.  With my insistence, ahem.  We paid to have blinds installed on every window - I think it was around $2k.  I am sure I could have shopped around and found it cheaper but one last thing to worry about, and I know there is no way either of us are going to want to install blinds on all these windows with everything else that will be going on.  We both work so much that time is definitely $$$$

Message 28 of 48
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

No blinds here either, will do after we close, no point in paying interest for 30 years on window blinds. What was recommended to me and what I recommend to others is to upgrade structural items that you can't easily or cheaply do later, things like bay windows, french doors, room additions, taller doors...things like that. After that, things like the kitchen, flooring, and so forth. Basically the more complicated it is to do later, the more you should do it now. The easier it is to do later, then you should leave it for later.

Message 29 of 48
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

I will need the garage raised up by 2-3 inches! I drive a 12 passenger van and need an 81 inch clearance. I'm sure that wont be cheap!
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.