Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New home

tag
debz
Valued Member

New home

I'm in the process of having a new home built and we are scheduled to settle 8/16.  I just locked in a rate of 6.625% for 30 years.  My mid fico is 639 and I have a very low DTI.  Based on your opinions, did I get a good rate?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New home

Rate sounds pretty good considering the rising rates recently.     Couple questions first though:  How much down payment did you do?    Did you pay any points to lower the rate?    Any previous BK, foreclosure, etc on your credit reports?

I am applying for a loan now and will meet with the lender to discuss rates next week.  I'm curious what he tells me then.
Message 2 of 7
debz
Valued Member

We are putting 20% down, 1 point but the builder is paying that.  We have no BK or foreclosures, just some baddies from several years ago.  Everything has been current for about 1 1/2 years now.  Just some bad luck in the past but I'm glad that's all behind me now.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the builder paying the 1 point to lower the rate as part of an incentive that was offered at your contract signing or were you able to negotiate that with the lender during your loan application?    

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

6.25 is a pretty good rate. Congrats on your new home.Smiley Happy

Rob
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that you got in at a good rate.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rate sounds great! I'm doing a refi though B of A and im getting a 6.875 int rate at .5 points at 95 percent loan to value. My fico are about where yours are at.

Congrats on the new house~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

debz wrote:
I'm in the process of having a new home built and we are scheduled to settle 8/16.  I just locked in a rate of 6.625% for 30 years.  My mid fico is 639 and I have a very low DTI.  Based on your opinions, did I get a good rate?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.