Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No IRS transcript for 2010

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

No IRS transcript for 2010

Mortgage LO said the IRS doesn't have my 2010 return even though I've filed it.

What do I do?

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: No IRS transcript for 2010

@Razeus wrote:

Mortgage LO said the IRS doesn't have my 2010 return even though I've filed it.

What do I do?

Contact the IRS. Speak to a tax pay advocate to see if they can find your 2010 return. When did you file it? I am having this same issue with a couple of my clients. The IRS works at their own pace.

Message 2 of 5
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

They recommended I mail it it, so I'm overnighting to them today.

I'm contacting my tax advocate to see if they can speed this up.  

Do you think they will proceed with the loan process if they know I'm working on resolving the issue?  The IRS says it takes 6-8 weeks.  By the time I finish the LO and underwriting does whatever they do, 3-4 weeks should have passed and by the time I find a house and make an offer and get a contract, I'm sure the 6-8 weeks will be done.

Or will they completely drop me from the mortgage process until this is resolved?

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 3 of 5
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

Hi, I think you can proceed as normal while waiting. We got preapproved, and then got conditional final approval based on the IR of S coughing it up. (They finally did after what seemed like ages!) Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

They recommended I mail it it, so I'm overnighting to them today.

I'm contacting my tax advocate to see if they can speed this up.  

Do you think they will proceed with the loan process if they know I'm working on resolving the issue?  The IRS says it takes 6-8 weeks.  By the time I finish the LO and underwriting does whatever they do, 3-4 weeks should have passed and by the time I find a house and make an offer and get a contract, I'm sure the 6-8 weeks will be done.

Or will they completely drop me from the mortgage process until this is resolved?

ask your loan oifficer. they will tell you

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.