cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No accountability or oversight of mortgage servicer fraudulent and recklessly negligent activity

tag
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

No accountability or oversight of mortgage servicer fraudulent and recklessly negligent activity

Select portfolio servicing gaslit my grandmother after her husband died and she almost was foreclosed on for missing rent for a period of seveal yesrs. She was able to get a job in her 80s in the medical field still working long hours in nursing now in a hospice. Making double payments for years (thank goodness she keeps hard copies and digital copies of all invoices and receipts regarding her payments) unable to discharge chapter 13 due to discharging chapter 7, leading the terms of her bankruptcy which would've by default or even a fractional underpayment or missed payment resulted in the foreclosure of her home, and meeting the terms of these payments for years with itn fail she even managed to get a decent refund upon the completion of her bankruptcy bringing it to a completion, or so our incompetent and uninformed while evasive lawyer let us know. Sometime within a year later she began getting calls from their trained staff, the lovely select portfolio servicing who first ask if she would like to pay her balance of missed payment or submit to the terms of foreclosure to sell her home... loaded questions. She is hard of hearing and often due to their tactics of non incrimination, low information, vague doubling down and insistence on "ah yes it's here you... missed a payment some time around..." and dates and figures never match. Ultimately we tried to pay our bankruptcy lawyer to resolve the issue and I only found out about them bothering my grandmother after she had a heart attack after constantly being irritable and scared. She had not missed any payments or ever paid less than she was supposed to.

Let me take a moment to express that this case is an outlier in tie evidence and circumstances of long period of respa violations and periods of non compliance with information requests. We believe lawyers are incentivized to play games and not actually be concerned with really holding these companies to account. Our initial incredulity from lawyers and others was discouraging making us not believe our eyes as their accounting must be correct and if not a mistake easily dismissed without financial responsibility for the companies. This is not justifiable. Select portfolio servicing nearly stole our money and home with fabricated statements about liens and constantly changing dates and figures we owed for reasons vague as ever. They didn't respond to respa violations and when they finally came to court they seemed to provide automatic template based or ai generated defense that fits the form of their approach in the first place considering the likelihood of reckless negligence masking intentional fraud and exploitation of the likelihood of people who ended up in this situation not being able to have comprehensive documentation and screen shots and pdfs for every aspect of the timeline. Better yet they make statements of fact several times in court abojt specific payments and amounts and when we use the comprehensive accounting of payments to them for all periods they try and minimize the impacts of their threats and clearly demurrer without any reading of our actual arguments. It apparently took one of our lawyers after a year of getting nowhere and seemingly indifferent judge without any interest inherently in holding sps to account from our lawyers due to the fact they had already exhausted our 15k and constant efforts to provide our lawyers and theirs with documentation. I have to wonder if our lawyers didn't actually expect us to be honest when we swore there was no error on our part or poor accounting on our part. In spite of this after 15k and no ability to afford going to court I felt like years and years of my life had been stolen from me for what amounts to a scheme of foreclosure and theft usually possible due to the elderly and mismanagement of their accounting and deoenedece on digital documentation kept on the actual source. This cannot in good faith be called a mistake in good faith. The fact I couldn't make any headway and their corporation would constantly harass us without any concern for the truth and I had to make my grandmother understand that paying wouldn't matter and would only increase the frequency and likelihood of their repeat offense. The time and energy it took for the law to fail us entirely and show us how little accountability there is for a company that steals from clients under financial trouble due to completely justifiable reasons while large banks who profit from the loan debt fractional reserve system at interest try to steal her home from her is unacceptable. They bring new meaning to monetizstion of the justice system. I have lost any hope that corporatisms revolving door of plutocracy in the law is how it is now and good faith, money and income taxation is non elite problems and your own fault for being unable to pay avarice its dues because of the bottom line being the justice systems driver when dealing with clear trends. Select portfolio servicing users worse than reckless and obscenely imprecise and intentional obfuscation of data on the high chance you'll have to be their words against yours. They literally claimed no harm or loss because they hadn't actually stolen the house and the claim they could for their benevolent restraint because they were so patient in not collecting their 2000, no 8k, no 3.5k, no these dates, no this one, no a tiny dollar amount each month: WE HAVE COMPREHENSIVE EVIDENCE OF OUR TIMELINE AND YET THERE IS NO AUDIT AND THEIR TESTIMONY IS TREATED LIKE IT IS FINE. The last demurrer after our lawyers claimed they couldn't change the dates or amounts and had now set their argument was crushing and so was our lawyers near silence for months at a time while waiting for the constantly delayed kicking the fan down the road of sps

i need to figure out a concise and easy manner of getting this to be presented publicly. The courts and lawyers have failed us. The law relies on case text and lazy ai or templates many lawyers can't even get their paralegals to catch information fillers in thst make the complaints seem extremely unprofessional. SPS made sure that her name wasn't on the mortgage and the estate was held only in my dead grandfathers name refusing even after the ifnronario. Of his passing was made known. Chase bank also use of this method. Decades of mortgage payments on the same address and now Severn years long passed bankruptcy or more and not a single reported payment. They refused and insisted they didn't need to and would not be adding her or changing the account from ny dead grandfather. It's absurd that fico misreporting is so much more accountable than not reporting at all and leaving her false claims of debt to make attempts to refinance impossible even after a year of resending documents over snd over to the same **bleep** underwriters only for sps to flag it and it to be denied for another month. 

Don't tell me I'm wrong and waste our time. We had our lawyers looking for any msitskes for years and there are none.

The real estate courts are built for these thieves who exploit the weak. This mustn't be allowed to be dismissed as a mistake by them and free of consequence. 

any suggestion would be mosr appreciated

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
VAMortgageGuy
Regular Contributor

Re: No accountability or oversight of mortgage servicer fraudulent and recklessly negligent activity

Message 2 of 3
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

Re: No accountability or oversight of mortgage servicer fraudulent and recklessly negligent activity

Yes, government oversight isn't of consequence when they have absolutely unfalsifiabke behaviors that exploit reckless negligence and incompetence and horrible accounting with soft threats. If we hadn't had hard copies for the last decade of their invoices and receipts, bank statements, their constant and haphazard approach by which demurrer would use the very claims our comprehensive evidence underminded and yet no concrete claims on their part, claiming we had no case because we didn't even pay out bills and producing records that contradicted the previous origins of claims... our lawyers said we had no case because we couldn't prove intention.... years of this? Constantly allowing out zero missed payments to somehow become completely random and fabricated facts and figures? In the end we couldn't afford to go to trial and that was obviously their intention... they got in the way for two years when we tried refinancing making underwriting constantly review the same evidence somehow ignoring the fact we already proved it false. SPS took up months and disrupted my business and my girlfriends work with all of the intervening and help we had to give my grandmother who didn't deserve the harassment and tactics and heart attack from internalizing the stress. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.