Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No closing date for refi?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No closing date for refi?

I'm in the process of refinancing and just had the appraisal done today.

The lender has said that until I clear all the conditions, they won't know when we can close. I understand that it can vary a bit but having literally zero idea of the closing date seems really weird to me. 

is this just how refis work? My file is very straightforward and things seem to be moving along so it's weird to not have a closing date.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: No closing date for refi?

par for the course these days......

Most lenders are slammed.   

The Industry is forecast to originate 3.5 X the volume/capacity this year that it's able to handle under normal circumstances.

Therefore, it's simply easiest to "work your way to the closing Dept." then get there to schedule your closing.   Just be sure you are responsive and doing all that's asked of you quickly so that any delays are not your fault and you'll be fine.    

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 4
JVille
Valued Contributor

My daughter (a successful Realtor) is in the same situation with her favorite lender. Gives this lender 40ish deals a year. Her appraisal came in last week and she is now clear to close BUT the lender is so backed up that they are dealing with Purchase transactions first and refi's as they can. As a Realtor she appreciates that and has been "promised" the plan is to get her closed before the end of the month..... hopefully! 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both! It's a big relief to know this is just how it is right now. My lender has been responsive and things are moving along so I'll just keep at it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.