cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No downpayment - Do I have a chance qualifying for a mortgage?

tag
NG2012

No downpayment - Do I have a chance qualifying for a mortgage?

Hi, here's my story. My mother was terminally ill last year, I moved back to florida to help support her. Last November she got a liver transplant and doing better since. However after her liver transplant she had to take 28k of medication each month. So between September 2012 - February 2013 my savings of 10k for a downpayment on a home completely depleted. Now I'm back home my lease is due in four months and think I should put to rest my dream of buying a house. Between my lack of downpayment and the property price double every month, I'm not sure if I'll get qualify for a mortgage at this point. If anyone have any advice that would be great. Thank you in advance!

Credit rating TU=640 , EF & EQ =650
A car loan with 0% finance balance is month 23k (paying $400 minimum per month)
Job history 12 years same employer
Savings $1500
43k of private and federal student loans in good-standing
Credit card debits $1000 - will payoff by end of next month.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kdmitchell27
New Contributor

Re: No downpayment - Do I have a chance qualifying for a mortgage?

Assuming you are waiting to go FHA, at least based on your credit score. That said for FHA you need 3.5% for the downpayment. I keep seeing some FHA lenders doing a zero downpayment but not sure if the qualifing score is higher or not. Best bet is to shop around and see if a Loan Officer can tell you if they can help or not. 

Judging from what you listed you have a decent employment record and the score for FHA.

Good luck to you!

Lender Pulled Credit Rating as of 4.10.2013. (Fico Experian: 660) (Fico TU: 685) (Fico Equifax: 659)
Message 2 of 5
sugspc1
Established Member

You can try USDA if your state has it. It requires $0 percent down. The only thing is you have to buy USDA approved homes within a ceratian area. Rual areas. This can be a drive to work and back depending on where you live. We are looking at this option right now. I'm trying to remove the "disputes" on my credit report. You need a min score of 640 to qualify. Good Luck!

~Jennifer~

Score Avg 651

Message 3 of 5
MzKoli
Contributor

You can also research down payment assistance programs available in your area.
Message 4 of 5
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Fl does have several down payment assitance plans available, I am doing one with my loan. You can start here:

http://www.hud.gov/local/fl/homeownership/programs/countylist06.cfm

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.