cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice of Assignment, Sale or Transfer of Mortgage Loan - PLEASE HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Notice of Assignment, Sale or Transfer of Mortgage Loan - PLEASE HELP!

I received a letter on 10/21/2019 notifying me that my mortgage servicer has changed to a different company effective 11/04/2019. I usually have an automatic withdrawal on 11/01/2019, but just realized today that my mortgage hasn't been pulled yet. Come to find out, I log into my original mortgage, and it says "Loan has been released" with a $0.00 balance. I tried to create a login for the new servicer, but because I didn't receive any official notification from them, I don't have my account number. Called the 1-800 number and they said that it may take 30 days for an account number to be generated. Now I'm freaking out, because I haven't made a November payment, and I'm not sure where to make the November payment too. So confused, hoping someone could shed some light.

Original Mortgage Payments goes to: Dovenmuehle Mortgage
New Servicer: Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc.
New Ownership: Anworth Mortgage Loans
3 REPLIES 3
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Notice of Assignment, Sale or Transfer of Mortgage Loan - PLEASE HELP!

You need to call them back. They where required by law to send you a transfer letter. Your old Servicer should also have told you what to do about that first pmt. Call back, this Servicer has a horrible reputation (see yelp) you do not want to get a late pmt with them as it will never get fixed... if you continue to have trouble contact your State Banking Commissioner and report then.
Please please stay on top of everything with this Servicer. Read those Yelp reviews and tread carefully. I believe in warning you ahead of time.
Message 2 of 4
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

Don't panic. Loan servicing transfers happen all the time, this is normal. You'll need to allow the new servicing lender time to organize your account. You legally can't  be assessed a late payment or fee for the first 60 days during the transfer. Here is some info from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) on the subject.

Transfer of Servicing

If your loan is transferred to a new servicer, you generally get two notices: one from your current mortgage servicer; the other from the new servicer. In most cases, your current servicer must notify you at least 15 days before the effective date of the transfer, unless you received a written transfer notice at settlement. The effective date is when the first mortgage payment is due at the new servicer’s address. The new servicer must notify you within 15 days after the effective date of the transfer.

Both notices must include:

• the name and address of the new servicer
  • the date the current servicer will stop accepting your mortgage payments
  • the date the new servicer will begin accepting your mortgage payments
  • telephone numbers (either toll-free or collect), for the current and new mortgage servicer, for information about the transfer
  • whether you can continue any optional insurance, such as credit life or disability insurance; what action you must take to maintain coverage; and whether the insurance terms will change
  • a statement that the transfer will not affect any terms or conditions of your mortgage, except those directly related to the servicing of the loan. For example, if your contract says you were allowed to pay property taxes and insurance premiums on your own, the new servicer cannot demand that you establish an escrow account.
  • a statement explaining your rights and what to do if you have a question or complaint about the servicing of your loan.

There is a 60-day grace period after the transfer: during this time you cannot be charged a late fee if you mistakenly send your mortgage payment to the old servicer.

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 3 of 4
JVille
Valued Contributor

All that HomeLoanExpert says is absolutely true! Keep a copy of those Servicing Transfer Laws very close to you and read them throughly.
Most loan servicing transfers ARE just fine and only people who have issues seem to involve folks who get behind. My loan is currently serviced by a Servicer that has very bad reviews and I have no issues. I pay on the 1st by Autopay.
Now comes the However part...... this Servicer has reviews on Yelp that gave me some real concern and I want you to read them carefully so you know what to watch out for. I’ve never run into what I’ll call “slimy “ practices like these folks seem to pull. So reading about it can head these issues off for you. There is nothing you can do about who your loan gets transferred to, but you can get ahead of their Slimy practices and not get caught up in them. I felt a heads up and warning about this Servicer was warranted.
Note: head to Yelp and read the reviews they are eye opening.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.