Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer submitted!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Offer submitted!!

Hopefully my story can give some hope to mortgage seekers out there...

I started working on my credit reports last spring. They were filled with lates, charge-offs, collections, and highly utilized credit cards.  I then found this site and started getting serious. That was January and here what my scores looked like...

FICO 8

EX - 602

TU - 611

EQ - 586

Then at the end of Jan. when myfico started providing the mortgage scores, it looked even worse...

EQ 5 - 525

EX 2 - 569

I then got really aggressive doing research and making phone calls.  Started plugging away at my baddies, all the while keeping up the good habits that I wasn't taught in my youth about credit and how it is to be used.

Fast forward 4 months and here is where my scores sit...

FICO 8

EX - 672

TU - 665

EQ - 668

and better yet, my FICO mortgage scores are...

EX - 677

TU - 663

EQ - 615

At around the middle of March, my mid score (TU) was at 619 and I wasn't sure I was going to make it.  I didn't quit and was able to lower my utilization down further and get 1 last PFD on an old collection account and BAM!  TU shot up!  Mortgage time!!

I did some research, got with a good mortgage banker, and today, I submitted an offer on a home for me and my family.  While he has assured me all should be good thru their underwriting and my info was already ran thru a USDA approval and nothing has came back, I am still not counting my chickens before they hatch, but....

I AM FREAKING PUMPED!!!!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Offer submitted!!

Congratulations.  I have been making good success with my Fico 8 scores but my mortgage scores have been lagging behind hopefully if I keep plugginh away I will see a good jump shortly

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck jrc5356! Just keep moving forward. it got to be a snow-ball effect for me during the month of Feb.

I wish I cold pin-point what exactly pushed me over the hump, but it all happened so fast. This site is a gold mine of info. It's out there for everyone.
Message 3 of 11
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Kudos to you for you commitment and tenacious efforts to improve your credit profile and scores. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice!!! Congrats and good job.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a counter-offer already and accepted!

Now, let the fun begin! I'm ready!
Message 6 of 11
LynGene
New Contributor

Awesome!!  1 hurdle is out of the way!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
kendreia
Established Member

Message 8 of 11
kendreia
Established Member

Congrats!  You give me hope!  I have a question for ya- My Fico 8 scores are changing often, but it appears that my mortgage scores are not updating?  Do I need to re-purchase my 3 report to get them to update?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get them with a full report. You can purchase them and get a discount if you have the 3B monitoring. 

@kendreia wrote:

Congrats!  You give me hope!  I have a question for ya- My Fico 8 scores are changing often, but it appears that my mortgage scores are not updating?  Do I need to re-purchase my 3 report to get them to update?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.