cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Officially in underwriting!!! So nervous but happy!

tag
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Officially in underwriting!!! So nervous but happy!

I woke to an email from our loan processor that we are in underwriting and have completed the request for documents so far, they are in the verification stage and hopefully will have a conditional approval soon after the conditions they want them met within 3 days to get a "gold cert" on the approval, That means they have everything for the file and the next thing to do is to sit back and wait for our build to finish. Then about 30-45  days before closing they will contact me for updated documents and they will work on getting a clear to close, this will also be when we lock in our rate,finalize numbers as far as programs, down payment and closing costs. The faster we get things to the LP the faster the process goes soooooo I guess we are rolling. I was getting kind of nervous that no one was communicating with us on anything so i called and had a "come to jesus metting with them and things have started to move a lot better, Wish us luck!!

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Officially in underwriting!!! So nervous but happy!

Good luck!
Message 2 of 9
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Thanks
Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 3 of 9
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

good luck op

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 4 of 9
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How exciting! I'm pretty much right where you are, well, kind of: received my conditional approval, all docs are in, appraisal good, just waiting for final word from title company. Best of luck to you!

Message 6 of 9
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Awesome and same to you. Cant wait to finish this all up,

Message 7 of 9
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

this may be a dumb question.

1)after loan approval, how much time is given to finalize the home? what happens if we couldnt find home within the given loan approval time window?

2)at what point of time, we do the rate shopping? does the mortgage shopping also happends like car loan shopping?i apped atleast 5-6 banks for car loan shopping on same time to get the best rates to finalize.

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 8 of 9
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

GetMeSlick, the lenders work with the builders and they communicate throughout the process  at all of the building  stages to know how to pace the loan process, and some do everything upfront and wait on the build to finish but then 30-45days out from finish the LO gets with you to lock in your rate.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.