Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Dispute Holding-up Mortgage Process - Desperate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Dispute Holding-up Mortgage Process - Desperate

I've ready every thread possible here on removing disputes, but I'm getting desperate since my LO told me we can't move forward until my one TransUnion dispute is removed.  I following the direction of TU and opened a dispute to dispute it, and then I called today and they said they have to wait until the creditor lets them know since "they are the ones that created it."  The issues is that Ally was never contacted.  The dispute was directly with TU originally.  I explained this and they said they still have to follow this process.  I'm going on week three since I "disputed the dispute comment" and I'm not having faith that this is going to be removed.  Can anyone tell me if they have been successful with this specific process, and if so how long it took?    Would it benefit me to contact Ally Financial to ask them to make sure they reply that I never disputed with them?  I've heard they are hard to deal with. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One Dispute Holding-up Mortgage Process - Desperate

If you have read every thread about removing disputes then you will find that YES you want to contact the creditor directly in your case.  I had the same problem with Sears and they only way I got it removed was by contacting them directly.  I tried calling customer service but of course they did not understand the issue at hand.  I ended up filing a complaint with the BBB online and I would suggest that you do the same.  I would be very detailed when writing to the BBB/creditor.... advised holding up home buying process, that CBR's state that the creditor is the one reporting account in dispute, advise that you are not disputing the account and that you would like them to remove the the comment from your bureaus immediately.  I have used the BBB successfully a great number of times and I always get a response within 2-5 days from the company I am filing a complaint again.  The key here is that you will usually get someone that knows what they are doing and 9 times out of 10 has had to resolve the same issue for another customer at some point.  I always get someone in the presidential offices when going through the BBB because obviously the want the issue resolved.  

I have also had success writing CEO's via email directly but I would do all that you can which would be calling, emailing CEO's, and file via BBB.  Good Luck.  

Ohhh and just so you know when Sears contacted me via phone two days after filing my complaint, they advised would resolve and that very same day the comment was removed from my bureau.  Obviously every company is different but you definitely need to contact the source of the comment which is the creditor.  My comment was also the result of me disputing the account with the CBR's but that caused Sears to note their system that the account was in dispute.  When you call the credit ask if they have a CBR dispute department. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Blessed!  I'm on it now. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through the same issue. I created a dispute to dispute my dispute (lol) and the CRA told me it'd take 30-45 days. Come day 46 it wasn't removed. I called the OC and filed a dispute to remove the dispute. It was gone within the week. GL!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.